Odd...

I noticed that my redcap becomes a bit aggresive during feeding time.

Don't know if this is normal cause I haven't had any experience

but he kinda follows and nip my blue's behind when I feed them.

At first I thought could they be boy and girl?

But I just noticed that redcap wants the food that is in my blues mouth!

He keeps nipping to the point my blue spits out his food and then redcap snatches it away :o bad fishy :ignore

Anyone had any similar experiences? :unsure:

Well I have seen chasing around feeding time, but not eating from anothers mouth, sounds a bit unusual.

Maybe they will calm down when they get to know each other.

Sounds like they fighting over the food or territory

In my experience breeding behavior never involved nipping, especially by the mouth

They tend to nudge insistently at the rear end instead

Id watch them and make sure the nipping does not cause fin damage

and make sure the one been picked on gets some food as the other one sounds like a greedy guts.

Sounds like they fighting over the food or territory

In my experience breeding behavior never involved nipping, especially by the mouth

They tend to nudge insistently at the rear end instead

Id watch them and make sure the nipping does not cause fin damage

and make sure the one been picked on gets some food as the other one sounds like a greedy guts.

Thanks LMF! :)

I'd surely watch them and if this behaviour continues I may have to separate my redcap :(

This made me smile. I know it shouldn't and I'm sorry I don't have any special solutions to add but that is so cheeky and I never saw anything like that :D !!!

I'd give them a few days and see how things settle before separating, seems a shame to do that as these are your only two.

One thing I always notice that may be worth mentioning is store fish are usually half starved and bad manners are maybe the way to stay alive in store conditions. Once they learn now they are in the land of plenty, your red cap may be more 'gentlemanly' .

I agree its quite a quirky behavior!

I will be thinking of u and ur fish, hope they settle down and get along

Separating is not fun....means more tanks LOL

then again if you are anything like me...I got so many tanks now...my new venture is running an extended power lead down the hallway from my bedroom to the entrence hall to put a new tank in there for my new rykin

I have run out of wall space and power outlets! LOL

Lets hope your fish can settle and get along :)

This made me smile. I know it shouldn't and I'm sorry I don't have any special solutions to add but that is so cheeky and I never saw anything like that :D !!!

I'd give them a few days and see how things settle before separating, seems a shame to do that as these are your only two.

One thing I always notice that may be worth mentioning is store fish are usually half starved and bad manners are maybe the way to stay alive in store conditions. Once they learn now they are in the land of plenty, your red cap may be more 'gentlemanly' .

I've had loooots of goldies in the past but I haven't seen anything like this either! He wouldn't stop nipping till food comes out! :o

Next time,I'll get a video so I can show you how he does it :D

I agree its quite a quirky behavior!

I will be thinking of u and ur fish, hope they settle down and get along

Separating is not fun....means more tanks LOL

then again if you are anything like me...I got so many tanks now...my new venture is running an extended power lead down the hallway from my bedroom to the entrence hall to put a new tank in there for my new rykin

I have run out of wall space and power outlets! LOL

Lets hope your fish can settle and get along :)

I used to have a lot of tanks too :D I had a 55g,40g,2 20g's and a 10g

But I had a lot of unexplained deaths so I had to take a break as I couldn't handle the sadness of losing them :(

I really hope they get along in time :unsure: My place is a bit small to set up another tank!

Watch out, you?ve got a bully on your hands!

I have a similar situation in my tank. I have two commons and one ryukin, and one of the commons is a real pushy pig. He swoops in and steals any food that he can if the other two dawdle at all. Then he pushes the other two around the tank after, as if to say ?Stop eating my food! He puts it in the tank for me, and me alone!? This behaviour doesn?t seem to negatively impact the other common, but if I don?t trick the commons, then the ryukin gets the short end of the stick.

I have to wait until the ryukin is looking into the corner, then I lure the commons to the other corner with food. I drop an equal amount of food in both ends of the tank so that the ryukin has a chance to get his fill before the commons come streaking over to his side to clean up. Then some pebble picking begins, followed by the Piggy?s macho pushing. My goldies must have serious constitution, because neither of them ever give up food to him. Then again, if I was a goldfish getting gelfood, I wouldn?t let go either!

I have to wait until the ryukin is looking into the corner, then I lure the commons to the other corner with food.

That is how I feed them now!I drop food on each end?corner of the tank so they could get their fair share.

Twinkie still tends to push my princess around from time to time but not as bad as the first time I got them :)

I noticed you have named the blue one Princess, that's cute!

Thank you! :D

I think princess is cute too :rolleyes: I just hope she doesn't turn to be a prince! :D:D:D

Gave them peas tonight!I guess Twinkie loooooved peas a lot he became aggressive again :glare:

took some videos....

th_090409_183601.jpg

th_090409_183701.jpg

Edited by coyote ugly