New To Forums!

Guest DMarlin

Guest DMarlin

Hello all! New to the forum, been keeping fish since I can remember.

Just rearranged the tank today after I became inspired by some of the tanks on here!

My 46 gallon has been up and running for about a year now. Recently decided i wanted a change from my silver dollars and tinfoil barbs. Hubby has been bugging me to get him a goldfish. So after a trip to the LFS we now have a Shubunkin and a Ryukin. There are also 2 Pictus cats and a Bamboo shrimp in the tank.

This is what I started with this morning.

DSC00171.jpg

I ended up with this and really liked it.

DSC00173.jpg

But Hubby didnt like the half bare bottom.

So this is the new tank.

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00217-1.jpg

Comments are always welcome of course!

Hopefully i can have a tank as awesome as some of the ones i have seen on here someday!

looks really nice, good job!

water looks cloudier in second picture. did you do a large wc after all that?

oh yeah :welcome:welcome

sorry for the cloudy water comment right off the bat that's just the way I roll :))

Guest DMarlin

Iam working on getting good pictures of them. The Ryukin doesnt want to sit still for even a split second lol. Hoping it gets easier as they settle in!

i can see your bubble stream is really blurry, this means your camera has a slow shutter speed. its really hard to capture the little boogers that way. trust me I know. Grab a point and shoot on sale for around $75. Make sure it has macro and away you go. post pictures soon!! :D

oh yeah force that flash on it helps capture them and gives the media something to absorb