Weird Winking Thing

Hidr

Is it normal for a telescope goldfish to do this strange winking thing. Kind of looks like they pop in then back out again? Is that how he blinks? Or is something wrong with my new pet?

It looks cute but worries me.

Hmmm,I can't say as I've ever noticed any of mine doing that or not. Trinket or Daryl are probably the ones to know for sure.

Dang,now I'm going to be going cross-eyed trying to see if any my Tele's including babies do it. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

hidr do you mean they kind of move their eyes outward for a quick moment? I think I know what you are talking about and I have noticed it sometimes but not very often.

I've never had telescopes, but I know that plecostomus do that weird eyeball winky thing.

And it does look like blinking. I know the action that you are talking about, but I don't know if telescopes do it. :)

Ok,I have been staring at mine till they are running for cover,lol. Maybe they think I look hungry. :blink:

But anyhoo,I do see with the two that have the huge eyes that when they are moving the eyes a certain way to look at something the eyeball does seem to move out and then back somewhat. Not sure tho' if this is what you are seeing but sounds like it might be?

Ya thats it. Sort of a pop out then in. I could not think of a good way to describe it. Other then winking. lol

So you have some that do that? Sure hope that is "normal" and not a sign of something else.