My Blue Apple Snails..

sheep

I've pretty much pinpointed the type of apple snails I have(pictures later!) and the article( http://www.applesnail.net/content/species/...ea_bridgesi.htm ) read that they eat mostly dead things.. so the spinach I put in the aquarium is being eaten by the goldfish as far as I can tell.. and I'm unsure of what else to give them aside from leftover food and the brown algae on the rocks(they were grazing a little on that the first day- yesterday)..

Today the two guys kept pretty still and one prefers to hide under the veg. clip, the other among one area of the rocks.

I think one of the fish nibbles a bit of the antenna of one of them.. should that heal back?

I don't usually give them anything particular. I do put a baby carrot, or a small piece of broccoli in the tank once in a while for them to snack on. Mainly mine roam around eating anything they scavenge off the gravel that the other occupants haven't gotten. I have had mine for over a month now and everything seems fine. They will sit for a couple of days and not move, and a couple will float and go with the current for a few hours once in a while. My ryukin does take a nibble at them when he goes by every now and than, but they close up and he doesn't get them.

I will say that each snail is different. I have one that is non-stop and cruises all over the tank and I assume he sleeps at night. The other ones knock off whenever they feel like it and one likes to float in the bubbles from the airstone. He actually will land and crawl back and do it again over and over. They are a neat thing to watch.

Best Regards,

Norm

Guest pruje

I don't feed mine anything specifically. But if you want to give them a "treat", they seem to love those sinking wafers that people feed plecos. I feed those to my fiddler crabs, and the snails cant swarm them fast enough.

They also like tropical flake food. My larger snails will eat floating pellet food whole as well if they can swallow the pellets.

I don't feed mine anything specifically. But if you want to give them a "treat", they seem to love those sinking wafers that people feed plecos. I feed those to my fiddler crabs, and the snails cant swarm them fast enough.

They also like tropical flake food. My larger snails will eat floating pellet food whole as well if they can swallow the pellets.

I often feed those to my fishes. They have the disc gone after a while and they attack it nonstop until it is. The poor snails would never get a chance to even nibble!

I've noticed my snails are active at night, though. They were both roaming around at 2 a.m... just not so much at daylight..

Thanks for the advice, guys! ^_^