Sign in to follow this  
cooper

Goldfish Fry 5 Weeks

Hey guys sorry to post out of my original thread but I really wanted to do a big update this week since I missed last week and mostly because colors are coming!!!! :)

First off I wanted to post some pictures of the mother and father

mommy

102_0606.jpg

daddy

102_0605.jpg

102_0602.jpg

5 week old fry :painting::painting: soooo exciting :)

Calicos

calico5weeks.jpg

pinkcalico5weeks.jpg

Metallics

ohhhh aren't snail eggs so yummy??? :P

yummysnaileggs5weeks.jpg

hintofred5weeks.jpg

metallic5weeks.jpg

groupof3-5weeks.jpg

Mixed shots

eatingoffthespone5weeks.jpg

nicemattandcalico5weeks.jpg

mattandcalico5weeks.jpg

mattandcalico5weeks1.jpg

this guy has a little nub for a dorsal :( but he's a good size so he shall be my "pseudo-ranchu" :)

dorsalnub5weeks.jpg

Oh my gosh they're so cute :) you must be so proud! I know I would be. You've taken great care of them. Hehe that's so funny to see the little goldfish baby poops :D .

P.S-your "Pseudo Ranchu" could be twins with minx's fish. She has one just like that! :)

Cute, cute, cute! :) They look so big until you see them next to those sponge filters. So tiny and cute...

Sooooooooo cute! It looks like you're doing a great job raising them.

They are looking great :D ! How many are there now? They all have a different look about them, one button eye and several others that could be calico too. It gets really exciting from now as the colors come in :goodjob and keep us pic-posted please!!

Awww so darned adorable!

i love love LOOOVE calicos and fishies with matte/metalic mix, my Uno is a calico matte/micah (or so *I* call it) and is just my precious little baby.

::prodes ever so gently:: sooo,,, ::kicks some dirt:: wadderyou gonna do with all them babies?

Wow, they look great. Nice work.

thanks for all of the nice comments guys :)

They are looking great ! How many are there now? They all have a different look about them, one button eye and several others that could be calico too. It gets really exciting from now as the colors come in and keep us pic-posted please!!

-trinket it's still difficult for me to count since a lot of them are in the hornwort playing around with snail eggs but I have somewhere between 50-100... My guess is about 50-60 have developed normally and the others will be my culls but I don't think I have the heart to euthanize them since they truly are unique :) .

Awww so darned adorable!

i love love LOOOVE calicos and fishies with matte/metalic mix, my Uno is a calico matte/micah (or so *I* call it) and is just my precious little baby.

::prodes ever so gently:: sooo,,, ::kicks some dirt:: wadderyou gonna do with all them babies?

-aubree I have a friend who owns a fish store in new york and I think I am going to be selling a lot of the babies there. If anyone is in the new york/long island area and very interested in giving one of the little guys a good home I would definetly be inclined to giving you 1 or 2 for free. As far as shipping goes I have never done it before and would be very hesitant to try and mail my babies.

They are really coming along! You are doing a great job with them.

thanks for all your help kathy and trinket :) I kind of found the best way to siphon junk off the bottom is with a normal size siphon. I remove the top part and just use the thick tubing to suck out the gunk using the old "gasoline" trick :) The amount of water from the tank that has been in my mouth is incredible lol but it is certainly worth it as so far everyone seems very healthy (knocks on wood)

thanks for all your help kathy and trinket :) I kind of found the best way to siphon junk off the bottom is with a normal size siphon. I remove the top part and just use the thick tubing to suck out the gunk using the old "gasoline" trick :) The amount of water from the tank that has been in my mouth is incredible lol but it is certainly worth it as so far everyone seems very healthy (knocks on wood)

I hear ya on the water in the mouth,lol. I always start mine mid-level where it's clear,than put my finger over until I get it down where the funk is. At least that way the water I get is relatively gunk free.

Awww, what healthy happy little fry!

ooh! i like the opalescent ones... i like that metallic-y grey color. :)

very nice. your fry look very robust! :D

question for ya... during the development of the fry, when did you start to see the dorsal fins? :hmm

question for ya... during the development of the fry, when did you start to see the dorsal fins?

tink it was right around 2 weeks that I started noticing the dorsals... maybe even 1 week and a half.

How are your little guys doing?/Did the parents spawn again?

question for ya... during the development of the fry, when did you start to see the dorsal fins?

tink it was right around 2 weeks that I started noticing the dorsals... maybe even 1 week and a half.

Same here. That's when they got big enough to see,lol.

Same here. That's when they got big enough to see,lol.

oh okie. thanks y'all. :)

i just keep thinking it's really odd, cuz i can see them clearly.

i think it's been a week and a half, and they're about 1 cm and swimming strong.

i don't see any dorsal fins though.

which is unbelievably perplexing for me since everyone in the tank has dorsal fins. :blink::blink: :blink:

i wonder if they're slow growing. :(

maybe i need to feed them more.

well i gotta stop by the store today anyway. :)

might as well get 'em more food and stuff. :heart

all 4 are still doing good.

funny looking with their bulbous bellies. :D

I like seeing the progress if y'alls fish.

hopefully mine will get to be healthy too! :D

They may have had them from the get go or not. It's just I can't make out much of anything until they hit 1-2 weeks old,lol. Then I can at least see them half decently. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Edited by Kathy B

I bought 2 magnifying glasses when I was still trying to determine if my eggs were fertile :) One of them has a light on it and I still use it sometimes cuz the little fry are so curious now that they sometimes come up to the light and I get to see them up close and personal :D

Wow, how cute they are! :heart

I'm really yealous I don't have so many little goldies. :rolleyes:

And the parents look great, they all will be very beautiful goldies! :D

thanks ribac :)

tink when the dorsal fins start becoming visible they look like tiny little triangular points coming out of the fry's back.

Oh my god, they are soooo cute and tiny!!! The parents are gorgeous fish, I can't wait to see how the fry turn out color wise and everything... Fry seem like sooooo muich work, but seeing you and Kathy and Tink all with fry makes me a little jealous... I just don't know how I would get rid of them once they are big enough.. I think I would be too attached!

Good luck with them all growing up to be big and strong.. They look soo good so far! : )

thanks :) Yea I plan on hanging onto them for at least 6 months if i have enough space.... and than i guess I'm gonna have to go through the excrutiating process of selling/giving them away :(:( I really do wish i had the means to keep most of them but I think i will probably only keep about 5.

tink when the dorsal fins start becoming visible they look like tiny little triangular points coming out of the fry's back.

:D thanks for letting me know!

i'm still patiently awaiting dorsal fins so that my mind will stop wondering...

i think it's already been 2 weeks, and no dorsal fins yet.

haha my mind is boggled. :krazy:

oh well... i'll continue to stare at them every day. :D

they're so little and cute! :heart

Great pics. They are adorable. :)