Sign in to follow this  
daryl

So Bummed Out

Out of the thousands of fry I had last year, two were truly outstanding. They are really great - truly great - examples of Broadtail Ryukin. I have been thrilled, watching those two outgrow all their spawnmates, deepening in the body and growing massive muscle - evey at 2 inches in size they are impressive.

Yesterday morning they were both fine and eating heartily. Last night, one was on his side on the bottom. I can find nothing wrong - no parasites, no water parameters off, nothing...........

:cry1

Oh no I hate when that happens. All it can mean is something we can't see or treat. A bad heart or bad liver ect...

So sorry your going threw this.

O how sad. :cry Keep hoping, bouncing back is not unheard of! I'll be thinking about the little guys.

Upside down, or on their side? I only ask because the fish the you gave my sister is upside down (the smaller one, the big one died). But I don't even know if they are from the same hatch. But I thought maybe I would mention it. Maybe it's a coincidence, but maybe it tells you something.....?

Either way I will be hoping for the best for all of them. :hug

Time like this you really wish your pets could speak and just tell you what's wrong hey? :(

I hope they do bounce back :heart

Wow, that is a real bummer. All that hard work and potential now laying on its side. Somtimes even with perfect care, things can go totally wrong in an instant. I hope you little guy pulls through and this bad day is just a memory.

OH, Sarah! I am sorry...... :cry1

The little one is on it's side on the bottom. They have been very stable in the water - a problem at times with the really deep bodied ones.... but in 12 hours or less, it is a downer. I am fasting (not the easiest with little ones) and will see what I can do. But it does not bode well.

Here is a shot -with my usual photographic quality (non-existant)..... the matching mate is the larger one in the back. He is much better than his other spawn mates in the front....about 1.5 inches in body both length and height with a nice tail...... The other has not decolored quite as much, yet... but is nearly a match.

:(

post-27-1238088528_thumb.jpg

Got my fingers crossed that things get better.

Awww Daryl,I'm so sorry. They look to be quite impressive. Sure hope whatever it is is only temporary.

They are so beautiful...I hope it gets figured out! The big one is a stunner. How old are they?

These are last May's babies.

Oh Daryl, I am so sad to hear that!

I don't like the mysteries there. Obviously your water is good and don't have nitrate problems like some of us! I wish there was something I could do or say! Fins crossed! :heart

Out of the thousands of fry I had last year, two were truly outstanding. They are really great - truly great - examples of Broadtail Ryukin. I have been thrilled, watching those two outgrow all their spawnmates, deepening in the body and growing massive muscle - evey at 2 inches in size they are impressive.

Yesterday morning they were both fine and eating heartily. Last night, one was on his side on the bottom. I can find nothing wrong - no parasites, no water parameters off, nothing...........

:cry1

Don't get me wrong, I'm so, so sorry for your fishies' troubles!, but as I've been struggling with problems that have no discernable cause myself, I'm just glad to see that someone much, much more knowledgeable than I has troubles too. Anyway, such beauties to have this happen.... I wish you all the best my dear!

Oh! I hope the tippy one recovers.

They are beautiful.

Oh! and thanks for the R/O Right.

Best of luck to you.

Those are beautiful. I hope you can figure out what's going on and she gets better!

Edited by Alyks

Shame to hear that, is there any updates on their health?

Hope that beautiful fish pulls through. What an impressive deep body. I know you had been working hard on your broadtail line.

I want to jump in here and add that I to hope all goes better for your fishies!! I WANT some from your goldies SO bad! I hate hearing that you are having a bad time!

(((( I was taking a sip of my tea when I read THIS..........................."Don't get me wrong, I'm so, so sorry for your fishies' troubles!, but as I've been struggling with problems that have no discernable cause myself, I'm just glad to see that someone much, much more knowledgeable than I has troubles too. Anyway, such beauties to have this happen.... I wish you all the best my dear!" ................and I ALMOST spit Tea on my 'puter! Cause I was thinking the SAME thing! Not, OF COURSE, that we'd wish any badness!! Lord NO! But it gives hope to us that Blunder around in this hobby TRYING to do things right that if someone as Knowledgeable as you can run into problems maybe WE can to!!!))))

ALL THE BEST TO YOU THAT YOUR BABIES TURN OUT AS GREAT POSSIBLE!!!

Daryl, I am very sorry to hear about you little one. They are very beautiful.

I hope everything works out and this is just some freak thing that goes away(fins crossed), GOOD LUCK!

Still a downer. :(

:hug