Sign in to follow this  
dickey_moe

Krom Having A Problem

My Betts "Krom" has been losing color in bands on his body. His fins look o.k., he is just turning grey in areas that look like belts around his body. I know it is probably water condtions, and I have done my best to be more vigilant aabout his changes, and he has much improved in disposition, but I can't get the paleness to go away. I tried antibiotics, saw no improvement and now he is in "Bettafix" a 7 day sort of blanket treatment for various problelms.

I have seen no improvement yet. Can anyone suggest what to try next if he continues to show no progress?

He is eating fine and appears strong, right now he is getting daily changes because of the medication. He is in a 2 and a half gallon tank with heater. He has no filter, he ususally gets water treated with Amquel plus to keep it safe.

What does Krom eat?

Hikari pellets, I think it is called biogold. He gets occasional flakes and bloodworms, also brine shrimp, but that is only once in a while. The pellets are a staple.

Sorry to hear about Krom :( What about trying a color enhancing new pellet food? Paling can be a nutritional thing, if its water related just perfect water for the same length of time it was bad maybe will slowly bring back his color. The meds dont seem to be helping. These bettas are so fragile huh.