Bought Two New Plants Need Help With Qt

RedTiger

Hi! So I went to my local large chain evil pet store and picked up two plants. one is a HUGE sword plant. it's rather pretty. wonder how long before Swimmey kills it. i was going to get another hornwort BUT, they didnt have any that weren't with roots/bunched. so, I didn't get one as it would have zero chance of lasting more than a week with Swimmey, the plant piggy. I also got a potted plant that had a sticker of Bronze Wendth. not sure that's what it is, though.

i cannot get Potassium Permanganate. i've LOOKED & LOOKED -- its just not here. i tried to order on line and couldn't get it online, either. i added some HAD-A-SNAIL to their QT tub and an airstone. (i'll be taking airstone out in a bit, i need it for my water experiment and i dont think they need it but i wanted to start circulating the stuff that i added.) i also added StressZyme, since its supposedly got beneficial bacteria. then, i added some StressCoat+ to get rid of chlorine. i don't have to worry abt the nitrates that plants need to survive as it comes out of tap high. i havent run the stats since tues night, but it was 20 at that time. nitrates might have gone down to as low as 5 or as high as 40. how long do i need to QT it?

i didnt see any fish in the plant tank tonight but there have been some in the tank before (long time ago) and/OR they could have been hiding as its heavily planted. should i add some ich-x? should i add some prazi-pro?

should i get some plant food? if so, what should i get?

THANK SO VERY MUCH!!!

Edited by RedTiger

this is so weird b/c I thought that I had posted right after Apocraphya? :hmm

anyway! you can get the PP from sears in the fridge and water purifying section.

and here is a link on Koko's on different ways to disinfect plants. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=35594

this is so weird b/c I thought that I had posted right after Apocraphya? :hmm

anyway! you can get the PP from sears in the fridge and water purifying section.

and here is a link on Koko's on different ways to disinfect plants. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=35594

i was just at sears today. bummer, if only i had known. oh well! that is such an odd place to find it. why is it there? i am assuming that this should never be used with the fishys, then.

should i get any food for my little plants while they are in QT? (i'll look at the links tmrw, if they explain, disregard.)

my plants are nitrate piggys!! i put them in their 5-gal tub at 1030pm. 3hrs later (230am), they had consumed 10ppm of nitrates. :blink:(taking stats for my water experiment.)

Edited by RedTiger

PP is super amazing at so many things! :panana

you can use it to disinfect tanks and equipment as well as a treatment for your goldfish. although I do not know what it specifically treats for or how to administer it. :blush: but I do know how to clean things with it! ;)

and about plants...ya, well...I do not have a green thumb for aquatic plants so I can't help ya there. :idont

i tried to get it locally, and asked my local petstore to order it. he attempted to do so but then called me back and said that the company (Korgan) quit making it so if theres any out there on the net, get it while i can. what a bummer. (that explains why the four online places that i tried were all out!) at least i know that i can find it in sears. :) i'll just use it for the plants so i dont worry about overdosing my fishys. if i kill a plant, that wont be a happy day but nor will it be tragic. :)

Edited by RedTiger