Photo Of Goldfish Eggs?

ranchugal

DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0631.jpg

Hi,

Are these goldfish eggs?

It's from the same ranchu that I have that can do tricks. I just wanted to check if they are eggs or is it something else. And if they are eggs, should I remove them? I only have one goldfish so it's not possible to breed.

Definately eggs! lol

Whenever my fish lay eggs I let them eat them for a while, then I just scrub down the bottom of the tank (and sides and plants if the eggs are on there too) and then do a water change with the gravel vac, it usually sucks them all out.

Also be sure to check your ammonia levels after eggs are laid..

hi, thank you guys. I TRIED to move them with my hands but they all got squashed into the water. maybe i'd do a water change today. does laying eggs means my goldfish is healthy?

yeah, they're pretty hard to take out by hand......lol. Turkey basters are handy items to have, esp for emergencies. As for your question about a fish being healthy if it's laying eggs, I honestly don't know. I would have thought so, rather than the eggs not being released and maybe causing discomfort for the fish. I could be wrong.

It's much better for a fish to lay eggs than to reaborb them.. It causes less problems..

And typically, if a fish is releasing eggs I am pretty sure it means that they are well taken care of, and healthy! So I would take it as a good thing : )

• 4 months later...

hi, thank you guys. I TRIED to move them with my hands but they all got squashed into the water. maybe i'd do a water change today. does laying eggs means my goldfish is healthy?

Hi just want to say that when fish lay eggs they are definetely happy healthy and well kept. Well Done!!!