No More Java Moss For Me.

stalepriest

I have tried Java Moss for the second time, I bought a gorgeous bit on ebay already attached to a piece of Bamboo, it's nice and healthy and bright green, but the Goldfish have just ripped it apart again. It makes such a mess I consatntly have bits of it floating about the tank. It's a shame as it's my Favourite plant so far. Think I am just going to take out what's left.

Mine love Java moss, lasts minutes in my tank before they tear it up and eat it!! If I find some quite cheap on ebay or my local shop I will buy it just for them to snack on! lol.

Maybe another plant will work... :)

Well, I bought a potted Crypt of ebay, it came with another potted plant that I think may be another species of Crypt. One is reddish brown with larger leafs the other is green with smaller leafs. both of them have been in for over a week and have been untouched and are growing nicely. So fingers crossed it stays that way. They also leave the Cabomba alone which is great as that is growing really well, i just had to trim it down yesterday.

I am also down to two moss balls from 5, lol.

lol, I added 3 large moss balls this week, they have had a nibble of one, but they should last a while! Hoping to get some more next week.

Maybe another plant will work... :)

Well, I bought a potted Crypt of ebay, it came with another potted plant that I think may be another species of Crypt. One is reddish brown with larger leafs the other is green with smaller leafs. both of them have been in for over a week and have been untouched and are growing nicely. So fingers crossed it stays that way. They also leave the Cabomba alone which is great as that is growing really well, i just had to trim it down yesterday.

I am also down to two moss balls from 5, lol.

If that doesn't work, you can try Hornwort. I have it in my tank and my goldie doesn't eat it. But it sheds a lot... :rolleyes: