Weird... :(

sebastian

*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? <.25 (I rinsed out my media... :( )

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 10

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 8.0

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.4

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Freshwater Master Test Kit

[*]Water temperature? 72* F

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? Nemo was in the 10G but put him in a 5G since yesterday

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? On 5G: TOP FIN 10 Power Filter

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 30% every day

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? Nemo, 5 inches long

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? I added Tetra AquaSafe Water Conditioner to treat the water

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Omega One Sinking Pellets, and peas

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? No...

[*]Any medications added to the tank? API Erythromycin

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No unusual findings...

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? 2 weeks ago, Nemo started acting weird. He had a bent spine, paralyzed right side, and didn't care about food. I went to my best LFS and got a 5G and some API Erythromycin, and after the full treatment of 4 days, he was better. I put him back into the 10G with Cynthia, but yesterday he showed the same symptoms again. I put him into the 5G again and now I need every single possible tip and help.... please. :o:blowup::doh11:

Edited by Bacon & Eggs

I do 25% water changes every other day, so I don't think it's toxins. I have a bare-bottom tank, so no toxins in gravel....

Clearly something in the 10 gallon is not working good for Nemo. When you say better, do you mean his bent spine improved and is straight again and he is eating again? Clarification on that needed plse.

The 10 gallon is small for 2 fish, very small and he may well be stressed out since 5 inches is quite a big fish and big fish suffer more stress than smaller fish in smaller spaces.

How old is the Omega food? Nutritional deficiencies can make fishes spines misalign and so can some swimbladder problems.

The Omega One pellets are about 8 months old. I also feed them peas, corn, lettuce and blood-worms. As "improved" means his spine was straight again, but his left side was paralyzed. He didn't recognize me anymore and then when he stopped being paralyzed he was better but then got worse. :( And he always hovers on his right side if he doesn't swim.

I think its time you threw out the food and got more. Just to be safe. Buy small packs of food from now. Every time you open the pack air and damp wanders in and vitamins get destroyed.

It is very easy for fish to get nutritional issues with old food. Happens often.