Sign in to follow this  
x-Lucy-Fish-x

Baytril Dosage?

I am searching because I know it's in a thread here somewhere (ages back) but just incase someone can reply quicker than I can find it..

Does anyone know the dosage of baytril needed for a fish around 3 inches?

My Freddie has septicaemia and is pineconing a tiny bit.

I have maracyn and medigold, but it's all about two years out of date.. and I can't easily/legally get it in this country to get any more. But my friend has some baytril and needles which she's bringing round shortly. Which is probably better than the maracyn anyway?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this link tossed around in reference to Baytril before:

http://www.koivet.com/koivet/index.php?opt...s&Itemid=57

I'm not positive that it's accurate, though -- you might want to wait for someone who knows for sure.

Thankyou for the link :) That's slightly different to info I've found.. but it looks like I should be ok to give her 0.1ml.

I think I know what I'm doing now.

I found a thread I just remembered I have that Fancy Goldfish book right in front of me which explains injecting etc. a bit. Explains where to stick the needle too which is helpful!!

But if anyone has any tips for holding a telescope with pretty big eyes to inject.. that would be reeeally helpful!!

Righto, I've done it. But it just looked like it all just came out the hole after I pulled the needle out.. but I guess it's still in the water.

sorry I'm not familiar with Baytril but I'm sure one of the Mods knows. :) hopefully they'll see your thread soon!

But if anyone has any tips for holding a telescope with pretty big eyes to inject.. that would be reeeally helpful!!

Was it difficult?

I've *never* picked up my telescope -- I'm terrified of knocking his eyeballs right off!!

How is he Lucy?