Molly Is Preganant And Laying Eggs

jody

I just put my really pregnant Molly in the breeding box like a half hour ago and she def looks in labor. Her gills are going a million miles an hour and she is like shaking, either giving birth or dying I think. Some stuff that looks like poop is coming out. What do eggs look like? I just got her yesterday so i don't know how long she has been pregnant, she looks like she is ready to burst.

:fishtank

Geesh I wish goldies were so dang easy! I get eggs, eggs, eggs when I seperate. Or beat the crap out of you, eat your wen, eggs and half dead female goldie! UGH i need a tank of mollies just to de stress!

It was sure easy on the head. My Oscar was egg bound for a month and reabsorbed the whole batch, she had me going crazy. This was like bing bang boom its done. The little goldys have so much personality it is worth dealing with all their breeding rituals though, we wouldn't trade that for the world.

I have the 10 set up for the fry when they get big enough to swim away from the current in the filter, I hear they can get sucked up.

• 1 year later...
:Congrats: on the babies. Better get ready there will be tons more if you have a few females. :rolleyes: I had mollies and platies and I couldn't keep up. :D

Congrats on the babies! You're about to have a surge in the population of mollies in your tank! :o So you won't have to net them everytime, you could float some plants in the top of the tank for them to hide in.