Mystery Snail Bobbing Around!

One of my Mystery snails is bobbing at the top of the tank (where the filter water pours in) I have moved it out of the flow but it keeps ending up there. I thought it was dead but when I touch it it moves a little (though it doesn't close up). I just held it out of the water for a minute & it seemed to "pulse". Still it doesn't draw back into the shell. Just bobs around!

Any ideas?

My snail always floats if threatened... but it doesn't draw back into the shell? That's unexpected... hmm... maybe muscle cramps?

I was gonna post about the same thing. it's so weird, but ever since I had used prazipro on the tank my snail will "float" at the top. it is still alive, but I am going to remove it since this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've found it like this. I've never experienced a floating snail, so maybe someone has some ideas??

I was gonna post about the same thing. it's so weird, but ever since I had used prazipro on the tank my snail will "float" at the top. it is still alive, but I am going to remove it since this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've found it like this. I've never experienced a floating snail, so maybe someone has some ideas??

I think meds for flukes/worms etc can kill snails. Also salt will do it. The wormer plus stuff I bought tell's you it'll kill snails.

Edited by stalepriest

I think meds for flukes/worms etc can kill snails. Also salt will do it. The wormer plus stuff I bought tell's you it'll kill snails.

I believe you are correct for other snails, such as ramshorn. but apple and mystery snails do well with aquiarum salt and many medications. you have to do research BEFORE adding any medication to your tank if you have snails, I get my info from AppleSnail.net. I suggest reading the FAQs page for quick answers. :)

btw, Ryukin Girl suggested to me that the snail may have air in the shell and that's why it's floating. :)