Can You Use Aquarium Salt As Treatment For A Betta?

I've only used salt like 2 time for my babies, with amazing results can it do the same for a betta?

I'm not sure yet but I may have a sick betta boy on my hands, my nephews. I might end up taking the betta away from him.

Nope, bettas are very sensitive to salt. What is wrong with him exactly? Regardless, the best first step is plenty of clean water and a heater for him if he doesn't already have one.

Swims slower, his dorsal fin looks like its knoted, but this is from the last time I saw him, I know he changed the water yesterday. I havent checked on the betta recently.

Salt for any freshwater fish IMO should only be used in an emergency. What size tank is it? Is it heated? If not does the room temp keep the tank pretty stable? How often is water changes done? How much? How long has he had the fish?

Mine slow way down when they get old. Some are very picky about water and it can mess up their fins. Or his fin could just be deformed. Any pictures?

Its a little betta tank all it comes with is gravel and a fake plant, when I saw the betta in bad condition I asked my sis (newphew mom) how they take care of him, she said the guy at the store told them to change the water every month so I'm guessing they changed it once...this past month. Sorry no pics, I dont usually carry a camera with me when I got to her house.

Betta's need at least a gallon. A pickle jar well work if they don't want to spend to much you can get them with the pickles for 3 bucks. Eat the pickles clean the jar. I use old CD's to cover the tops of my pickle jars my betta are in.

I do 100% water change a week but if what they have it what I think it is, it only holds about a cup of water and they should do 100% water change everyday.

That might be all that is wrong with the fish and salt wont help with improper tank/bowl/cup maintance.

But really get rid of the cup. They are a death trap for a betta and no one wants to do daily water changes. I know they are sold at betta homes but they are not. Or they could get a critter keeper for about 4 or 5 bucks and they look nice with a betta in them.

I gave him the old betta tank I used to keep my fist FGF in, he dosent have him in the cup you buy them in, I've been trying to teach my nephew how to condition the water, preform WC's, and been giving him advice on how to keep him happy but my guidence falls on deaf and dumb ears. SOO I've been thinking of taking the betta away from him since I feel responsible for giving him the betta tank which without he would have never bought the little betta. I gave him a gallon tub for the betta while he was SUPPOSED to clean the betta tank out. I went over this afternoon and he had the betta in the tub still and hadent touched the tank since im guessing, I recon I'll try and talk him into giving me the little guy before he dies of neglect...Or before I kill my newphew out of pity for the betta.