Sign in to follow this  
Trico

Too Tedious

So I decided to quit the goldfish hobby, the goldfish that I had for one year is dying of a wen infection. I'm going to be selling my fish.

I have 2 goldfish that are still healthy, and I don't want to be the one that somehow kills them.

I have a pearscale thats one year old- 2$

and a redcap oranda thats one year old also- 3$

I'm in Oregon, and I pretty much don't want to involve myself with goldfish anymore, they all die when I have them.

Aww dont quit!! Its not ur fault. I know how u feel, dropsy was spreading around all my tanks and I kept losing fish and I wanted to give up but I didnt and now its all getting better! It'll get better for u too! U didnt kill any fish, if they died and their immune system didnt fight off the disease then maybe it was just meant to happen, thats life. But if u really dont wanna keep em anymore I hope u find good homes for ur goldfish.

:grouphug:sorry::

Edited by Shamu23

When I first started keeping fish 30 years ago I couldn't keep my fish alive no matter what I did. But I hung in there. Goldfish seemed to be the hardest to keep alive and healthy so I stopped keeping goldfish and just kept tropicals and Cichlids. Then when I got goldfish again I didn't have any problems keeping them alive and healthy.

Don't quit! Don't quit!!!!! Just keep holding on!

Well, good luck finding the perfect pet that never gives you any trouble. Goldfish can be hard work, but when things are done right, it's worth it. It just sounds like you're just in over your head. Pearlscales are considered one of the most complicated goldfish to keep.

Maybe try again, a little more slowly, with a humble fantail, in a nice twenty gallon tank. I bet with good care and attention, you'll be flying free and easy before you know it.

Well, good luck finding the perfect pet that never gives you any trouble. Goldfish can be hard work, but when things are done right, it's worth it. It just sounds like you're just in over your head. Pearlscales are considered one of the most complicated goldfish to keep.

Maybe try again, a little more slowly, with a humble fantail, in a nice twenty gallon tank. I bet with good care and attention, you'll be flying free and easy before you know it.

This is sage advice! I have two little guys. When I see the beautiful gf & the tanks on Koko's, I want to get 10 ryukins in a 100-gal tank, but there is *no way* :noway that I could handle more than my two little guys now. I don't know enough about gf, and life is very full now.

Animals die, unfortunately. But they also give us so much pleasure. I hope you change your mind and start again with what you can handle now. And if you don't, maybe it you just need time to recoop? Best of luck to you.

I've been there. I actually quit the hobby for nearly a year once. I still had one fish and I took care of him, but I didn't intend on getting any more. It can be hard when you keep losing fish for sure. If you decide to go ahead and sell I hope that someday you can get back into goldfish, because when you do get a good system going with healthy fish, it is a fantastic feeling :)

Edited by Chrissy_Bee