Nemo & Cynthia's 10-gallon "apartment"

sebastian

If it is the plant Willl said, here is what I have found on it relating to aquariums...

"The mistake some people make is not realizing that Acorus is a true bog plant. If you buy it and plant it in your aquarium so it is completely submerged the plant will eventually die. You need to use this plant in a manner that allows it to get above the surface of the water. Once you do that there is little problem in maintaining it for a number of years. In the aquarium there are several ways to accomplish this: 1) fill the tank part way as you would for a paludarium, 2) install corner shelves using glass and aquarium silicone. I have done this in some tanks and it works well, or 3) you can just hang the plant in its container inside the tank at the proper level. These will all work, and by accommodating a bog plant such as Acorus or for that matter Hemigraphis colorta or Dracenae deremensis, you can add another level to your open aquarium by encouraging plant growth not only submersed but emersed. This makes it more like a water feature you would see in nature"

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/plants...0gramineus.html

and here is a picture I found of that plant I just posted about... http://www.webalice.it/siamseeds/foto%20pi...20gramineus.jpg hope the link works.

so u can keep it in the aquarium, u just have to have some of it out of the aquarium

Oh wow... I didn't notice. I know Pets Mart had some non-aquatic plants... I meant to get "Corkscrew Val" (or something like that, can't remember the name) but I accidentally got that... I'll just let it die. At least I still have Hornwort. :)

LIRPA1: I have one more post than you! :P

Edited by Bacon & Eggs

Ha ha yep!! one more post and u joined way after me too!

do u have to QT plants?

You don't HAVE to but I rinsed mine (hornwort) to clear snails, then trimmed it (the longest "branch" was 1 1/2 feet! :o ), and then rinsed it again, and put it in the tank. I have a Marina Micro L.E.D. Light Set (6 Watts) so I'm not worried about low light.

EDIT: Mine grew an inch overnight!!! HORN-WORT IS AMAZING.

Edited by Bacon & Eggs

Ha ha yep!! one more post and u joined way after me too!

do u have to QT plants?

April, although B&E said that you do not have to qt plants I really recommend you do. getting plants from a pet store is just like getting fish from a pet store, they can have parasites. even though many people have brought home plants and fish without qt'ing them and everything was ok, there are just as many people who brought home plants and fish without qt'ing and things went bad. when dealing with new things for a tank always use caution. and when you qt plants it doesn't have to be for two weeks, just long enough to where you've watched them and disinfected them. but always the decision is up to you. but I know you are just like me and want to keep your babies safe! ;)