Nemo & Cynthia's 10-gallon "apartment"

sebastian

Here is Nemo's (4-inch common), Cynthia's(2-inch fantail), and Gary Tchaikovsky's (freshwater snail, don't know what type) little apartment. There are 2 AquaClear 5-20 Power Filters and 1 TOP FIN 10 Power Filter both filtering a total of 300 GPH (I think). I do 20% water changes every 2 days and I use the MAG-FLOAT Magnet Cleaner every day or so. I clean out the filters every two weeks with a toothbrush and replace the filter media in the TOP FIN and rinse the media in the AquaClear. I know I'm overstocked, but I can't afford a 30-gallon right now so maybe next year I can afford one. Any other questions, just ask!

Nemo and Cynthia:

DSCF1056.jpg

The little drawer where all their stuff is:

DSCF1058.jpg

Gary (can anyone tell me what kind of snail this is? :P ):

DSCF1055.jpg

The whole tank from above:

DSCF1050.jpg

Tank form left:

DSCF1049.jpg

And... least but not last..... ME AND THEM!

DSCF1062.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! :))

Oops... instead of "tank form left" I meant "tank from left view" and instead of "least but not last" I meant "last but not least"... sorry!

Edited by SebastianLara

I have to say they are very cute....but you really need to get them into a bigger tank....and fast! As you will learn on this site Fancy goldfish need at least 10 gallons and common's should get 20 gallons. It really seems like you care about them and if you leave them in this tank you will stunt there growth and they won't be happy for long.

Yeah.... I've been thinking about it... but I'm afraid it'll break when I'm not here and that N, C and GT will die... and my mom will not approve this unless I convince her in a miraculous way.... :rolleyes: And yeah, I really care about them.... I have $50 for a new tank but I'll need some more stuff... but I will try to convince my mom.... but for now I do LOTS AND LOTS of water changes and feed them once every day... and I think Nemo is permanently stunted. :( He was in a bowl for 6 months, a 2 gallon for a year, a 1.5 gallon for 9 months, and now this tank....

Edited by SebastianLara

Beautiful tank set-up! I should get you to decorate my tanks, they look spectacular!

And I bet you already know wayyyyy more than I knew about caring for these fish when I was 20 yrs old! how long have you had them? they're sure lucky to have such a caring owner like you! I think yiu seem quite responsible with it all.

Oh, okay. I will see about it then. Thank you! And by the way I got Nemo on June 6th, 2006 (yes, 6/6/06 :P ) and I got Cynthia in April or May of last year...... don' really remember. But when I got Cynthia she was teeny, her whole body (including tail) was an inch. She hid in the plants for 3 days and slowly came out and played with Nemo.... and now they actually push each other when I give them food. And they have fights (like a married couple)..... I can tell because Nemo is one side of the tank and Cythia's on the other when I feed them... because they are usually right next to each other. :rolleyes:

Wow you're young.. and they look beautiful. And though it's simple, I really like the setup~ (my regards for Nemo, btw. Poor dear.)

Good luck getting the 30 gallon soon! Have you checked for second-hand anywhere? I know of a corner tank just laying in someone's yard I want to buy from them.. @_@ Some people have things laying around they don't want or use anymore and they could hand it over for cheap!

Well i live in australia, and i bet if u ask most who are from perth they'd say not much. I got an 85 liter for $50 with rocks, light, undergravel filter. i ended up buying an internal filte for $56, BUT it was good.

Oh, and 85 liters is about 22 gallons. and I bought a 10 gallon for $150!!! thats expensive. $55, if u look around, you'd find a great deal! esp if you are in america like I used to be.

Honestly tho, I wish I knew so much about fish at ur age!

Nah I havent been to sydney, my mom lives there though. I live in Perth :)

and hows the saving up going? look in the classified part of the newspaper, there could be some 2nd hand aquariums in there!!!

Okay, so... I had a conversation with my mom... there is absolutely no way I can get a bigger tank, whether I can afford it or not. And by the way I got two real plants today... and a micro LED light. Looking good so far. Along with me I got a teeny snail that I didn't know I had. And I had to do a 90% water change yesterday and today because of ammonia issues... :( I rinsed out my filter media three weeks ago and I guess it killed the bacteria.... blugh.

Well, now my tank is planted, kind of. I got a new plant from Pet*smart and I forgot the name. Maybe you guys can identify it and give me the name... ?

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1088.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

Um, anyone? I also got Hornwort from Pets Mart today... its shedding like crazy but after a 50% water change it looks fine. :P

Hello~! [:

That plant does not look aquatic. Is it possibly an Acorus? A Google search shows a plant quite similar to yours...

Yeah, it's something starting with an A... let me check. OK; it looks like that. So if it's not an aquatic plant should I take it out? Thanks,

well was it in water at the pet shop? I know nothing about plants yet... I wouldnt mind getting one for my goldies to munch on though