Cover Fell Onto Tail Fin...

sebastian

I was doing a water change and when I finished I tried putting the glass cover on my tank and I accidentally let go in the wrong place and it fell in and landed on Nemo's rear end :blink::unsure: . I thought he was all right but after I dried the cover, background, filter covers, and outside glass I noticed red at the base of the tail fin so I added some Melafix and Stress Coat. Will he be all right? Thanks,

I'm sure he will be fine. Sounds like it probably just startled him. Keep an eye on him though. He may loose a few scales, but that's ok. They grow back, just like fingernails!

It's getting worse... :doh11: My fault. And he did lose some scales... poor thing. He is really jumpy all the time, and now he is going to be even more paranoid. I hop everything turns out well. (*knocks on wood*)

It is possible that he broke some fin rays in his tail, but with good water quality and melafix that will be ok. I once had a fish lose an entire section of his tail after being mishandled in a fish net, and he seemed none the worse for it.