Calcium Pills

sebastian

Hi, I have a freshwater snail and he doesn't get enough calcium, so I was thinking of going to my LFS and buying some calcium supplement but I thought of human calcium pills. Is this a good idea? Putting in a calcium pill for my snail?

• 2 weeks later...

Adding calcium to your tank for your snail's shell is a wonderful thing to do. In fact, the easiest way to do it is get yourself a bottle of Kent's Liquid Calcium (you can buy it anywhere you get reef supplies) and use that instead of pills or powders. I used to add a teaspoon to my snail tank each night, and their shell growth always seemed very nice and strong.

Also, you need to give them a high calcium diet, too. That will help them most of all, since they are sold as "tank cleaners" but we all know that they muck up more than then clean. ;)

Oh darn, that was the thing I was holding on to for like an hour at Pet*Smart..... thinking whether to buy it or not. I will buy it then. Thanks, Lady_D! :D

Oh darn, that was the thing I was holding on to for like an hour at Pet*Smart..... thinking whether to buy it or not. I will buy it then. Thanks, Lady_D! :D

Just a little FYI.........don't hold for an hour to get INFO from PSmart.............They Are A L L Outta THAT!!!! :exactly