Yay! I'm A Mommy.....sorta

gunbunnyj

So I ordered some cherry shrimp from aquabid about a month ago and as promised one of them came full of eggs. I've been watching this whole time and sometime last week, I noticed she was egg-less but I never saw eggs or babies or anything. And just now I was cleaning out the betta tank (that's where they live) and there were a million tiny little babies swimming in with the filter..... I'm sooooooo happy!! :wub:

And before you break out the Koko's stick for pictures, there won't be any. These things are too tiny. You'd never see them if I took pics. The adults are almost too small for pics.

It's one of the little 5 gal. eclipse filters. Water gently pours over a cartridge lying sideways in there. I just pop the cartridge out and put it in the tank and let them swim off.

Suprisingly no. I was afraid of that when I first got the shrimp but I find adults in there when I open it up. I just put them back in the tank and they do fine. They must be small enough to get through unharmed.

Right now I still have room. If they start breeding like little bunnies :rofl then I'll eventually have to give some away or sell them.