Melafix & Snails

mardaokansi

I've got 3 mystery snails in w/ Gabriel.

2 medium sized blue mystery snails and 1 very large black mystery snail.

Gabriel has gone through dropsy and once he healed I added the black snail. it was a risky move, but the snail had lost the protective bottom cover thing and I just new my turtle would eat him. :( I know that's what turtles do, but I didn't want him to eat this particular snail.

the other day I bought two blue mystery snails thinking they were secretly apple snails. the store says they aren't related to apple snails, so whatever.

Gabe's tail is still ragged from the dropsy so I added melafix to his tank. and it didn't cross my mind until after adding the melafix that maybe it's not safe for snails? does anybody know?

so far the snails are fine and are active 2night. but I really want to make sure the snails will be ok and maybe I should have removed them??

I have used it with nerite snailsa couple of time with no problems and I think I did use it when I had apple snails but not 100 % sure

Snails tend to be sensitive animals but if it works cool. Not really any experience with mixing chemicals and snails sorry.

But did want to point out that in fact Mystery and Apple snails are very close relatives and at most pet stores the names are used interchangeably. You didn't get ripped off or lied to they were right they are close relatives. Hope that helps you feel better about them.

Snails do rock.