Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Hanami

Automatic Feeding Unit For 2 Weeks

Guest Mr. Hanami

Hi,

I'm holding out on buying my first comet, because my family and I are going on vacation for 14 days in August. So I was wondering about an automatic feeder while we're away. Has anyone used one before? Do you recommend this method for 2 weeks?

automatic feeding unit

http://www.mmm.com/product/105443/EHEIM-...at=OnSiteSearch

Sorry, I can't get these links to work. It's at Pet Co anyways.

Edited by Mr. Hanami

I've seen this come up a few times, and I think by and large, they're recommended against. I've never used one before, so I can't speak from personal experience. But I've heard stories of malfunctions where they either don't work at all or they dump waaaay too much food in the water.

Is there any way you could get a friend or neighbor to come over a few times while you are away? Your fish don't need fed every day -- say they came over every other day or every couple days. Feeding less and less frequently is recommended if you're not going to be doing a weekly water change, also.

I have used so many automatic feeders and New Daz is the one I like the most. Ebay Link

Currently I am using two of it for afternoon feed and planning to buy one more for my third tank.

Guest Mr. Hanami
I've seen this come up a few times, and I think by and large, they're recommended against. I've never used one before, so I can't speak from personal experience. But I've heard stories of malfunctions where they either don't work at all or they dump waaaay too much food in the water.

Is there any way you could get a friend or neighbor to come over a few times while you are away? Your fish don't need fed every day -- say they came over every other day or every couple days. Feeding less and less frequently is recommended if you're not going to be doing a weekly water change, also.

Malfunction is definitely a worry of mine. As far as someone coming over to take care of him...I don't have anyone at this time. :unsure:

I have used so many automatic feeders and New Daz is the one I like the most. Ebay Link

Currently I am using two of it for afternoon feed and planning to buy one more for my third tank.

This is different from Pet co's's. Do you think I could trust it for 2 weeks?

Edited by Mr. Hanami