Sign in to follow this  
wolfsong8

Meet My New Bettas!

Well, I just couldn't last long without a betta in my life, and vey shortly after the passing of my beautiful Rajion, I decided to find a new companion.

Originally, my goal was to find a gold or yellow male betta. I found several very nice specimens at my LPS, nad just when I was about to make my final decision, I happened to glance over at the females, adn that is when I laid eyes on the most beautiful little filly I have ever seen! her scales literally sparkled! I knew I just had to have her.

In keeping with the theme of dragon names (as I always name my bettas), I chose Saphira, for her bright sapphire scales.

bettafish5.jpg

Not long after, my SIL asked if I would take her betta. She is due with her second child soon, and was not able to keep up with the maintenance of the tank. Plus, she was not very attached to the fish (she's not really a pet person). Sadly, the fish, Julio, suffered from severe fin rot and complete loss of appetite. I agreed to take him under wing, er, fin. I have been treating him for the fin rot and he seems to be doing much better. I also renamed him Kokusho, or the Evening Star, as he is an older fish. I am not sure if he will ever again have the splendid finnage he once had, but I do hope to make him comfortable and happy in his new home.

Here is Kokusho now:

bettafish.jpg

And here he is before. It is sad that he has had to endure so much hardship. Please do not blame my SIL, though. The fish was a gift, and although she tried her best to take care of him, she was still uncertain about many things.

bettafish4.jpg

Guest Aquarium guy

beautiful little guys u got there! take care and good luck, be sure to read the websites care on bettas. VOTE4 KOKOSGOLDFISH!

that's an amazing female!! and what a sweatheart Kokusho is!

:Congrats: on the new girl and you rock for taking in the boy!! :thumbs:

Very nice Bettas', good luck getting the fins back!

I also like female bettas a lot. I actually find them spunkier than the males. I have had 3 female bettas and each one of them is fearless and full of curiosity. When I do a WC, the females will swim about the gravel cleaner investigating and seem facinated by the gravel going up and down the tube. With the males on the other hand, the majority of them will hide until I am done. Only a few will stay out in the open and play around the gravel cleaner. Those little girls have the personality where they lack the magnificient finnage of the males.