Sign in to follow this  
br553

Pics Of "ghost" Ed

It's been awhile since I've posted pics of my guys, but I finally took some pics.

Here's Ed, my largest common. He is solid white now.

Ed, plus his buddy Butthead.

DSC01534.jpg

A close up group-shot. From left to right is Ed, Butthead, Beavis, and Ariel

DSC01533.jpg

A sort of blurry wide angle shot showing the whole tank. I really need to get a bigger tank :)

DSC01538.jpg

And some of Boggles, my black moor. It's so hard to get a decent pic of him. As soon as he sees the "pre-flash", he bolts

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

How big is their tank? It is always so hard to tell and I'm amazed at how big tanks looks small and sometimes the reverse. They are real cuties!

They look very nice and LARGE...WOW!!

Very nice pics.

Guest Kalei's Chubby

Wow, they are all so healthy looking! And you can definately tell they are fed well :)

Thanks for showing the pictures.

How big is their tank? It is always so hard to tell and I'm amazed at how big tanks looks small and sometimes the reverse. They are real cuties!

They are currently in a 46g bowfront. They are over 5 years old now. I also gave them thawed out broccoli for the first time tonight and they love it. They definately could use a bigger tank, but until I can afford it, I overfilter the tank and do water changes twice a week. Boggles is in a 20g by his self.

Edited by br553

They are lovely. I've always wondered if bowfront tanks distort the way the fish look or not. I'm guessing not from your photos. I think they are really cool tanks.

They are lovely. I've always wondered if bowfront tanks distort the way the fish look or not. I'm guessing not from your photos. I think they are really cool tanks.

The bowfront does magnify slightly, but the effect is more noticable if the guys are near the back of the tank, not so much when they are near the front.

Nice tanks

They are all huge

Why don't you get another 55 and put some in there?

I would if I could, but with the 2 goldie and 1 tropical tanks that I already have, I am out of space. My "fish corner" is quite cramped. I think all I could fit in the area would be another 10g, which would not do any good for a mature goldie. Plus my wife has very clearly stated "no more fish" not to mention "no more tanks.

Very nice fish. Hopfully mine will get that big too one day. The sign above the tank is perfect, HA!

:thud

I...

have...never...

seen...a...

black moor...

THAT BIG!!!!

simply amazing! :thumb:

:thud

I...

have...never...

seen...a...

black moor...

THAT BIG!!!!

simply amazing! :thumb:

Thank you. I'm still amazed too at how big he is. He was quite small when I first bought him. I guess part of the reason, other than genetics, would be plenty of food, with a varied diet. Plus he does have a 20g all to his self.

is it a 20 gal tall or long?

I just found out the other day that my ryukin should be in a tall tank, and I have a 20 gal long tank. :( although he's still a baby so it should be ok for a while.

Its a 20g high or tall. He used to have a ranchu tankmate and then before that was a calico oranda. It has been several months since the ranchu passed away, but the main reason I have not gotten him a new tank mate is he is quite a bully when other fish are in the tank. I would not have expected that from a black moor.

maybe you should call him Godzilla? :teehee

he probably doesn't want to share his sweet batchlor pad or food.

Exactly! :D When he had a tankmate, if that other goldie tried to sneak over and eat any of the food laying on the bottom of the tank, he would quickly and aggressively chase the the other away. He wouldn't eat it immediately, but would eat it whenever he would feel like it. He just doesnt like it when he thinks other goldies are trying to take his food.

Edited by br553

Big guys!

I guess the uber-filtering is working for you.

Would be nice to have a bigger tank though huh? :)

It would be nice if I could get a larger tank, but for now extra filtration and water changes helps take care of that. If I had known at the time that they would get that big or still be with me (before I found Koko's) I would have gotten a bigger tank.

At the very least, the goldfish were able to grow that big so the conditions are excellent in my opinion. Your group of common goldfish are very nice.

How old are the commons? Did you get em as feeders?

Edited by stevey87

At the very least, the goldfish were able to grow that big so the conditions are excellent in my opinion. Your group of common goldfish are very nice.

How old are the commons? Did you get em as feeders?

Ariel, the larger orange comet, is 5 years old. I bought her (actually him, different story) as a comet along with a shubie and my local nnnnnnn back when they still sold fish. The shubie was the largest fish in the tank when he passed away at about 4 years old.

The other 3, Ed, Beavis the smaller comet, and Butthead the orange common, who will be 6 years old July this year, were tiny 12 cent feeder fish from the same nnnnnnn. When I bought them along with 3 other commons, it was to "start up" a 15 gallon tank (before I found out about Koko's). I remember the employee that helped me asked me what I was going to feed them to. I was slightly shocked by the question and said 'they are going to be pets to start up a tank'. She then said 'well I should have picked out some nice ones for you' I think she definately did.

Edited by br553