How Expensive Are Dan Yu's?

mardaokansi

What is the difference between an egg fish and a long tailed ranchu as they look very similar and the goldifsh connection have a couple of longtaied ranchu in the auction they are running now?

I think it's that egg fish have small or no wens...

Yep, they should not have any wen growth.

i saw the prices that the page small ranchu had and thats cheap for egg fish right?$30.......

If you're talking about the canadian site they charge $100 for shipping I think.

Personally I don't like the fish very much, but then again certain types of goldfish I hated have been growing on me more and more. It's just I find that long flowing veil tail very...depressing.

What is the difference between an egg fish and a long tailed ranchu as they look very similar and the goldifsh connection have a couple of longtaied ranchu in the auction they are running now?

I have a picture of the first page of this thread of the egg fish

Personally I don't like the fish very much, but then again certain types of goldfish I hated have been growing on me more and more. It's just I find that long flowing veil tail very...depressing.

like they always say, to each their own.

these are not egg fish

Which is why I'm just adding my opinion ;)

Which is why I'm just adding my opinion ;)

woops! didn't mean to imply anything there Saix88!

The first time I saw this fish was in person at the breeders social two years ago. They didn't do a whole lot for me because they were a little washed out from being shipped, were in a glass tank (no cover, clear bottom, makes them even paler) and they had no room to move.

This past social they were several of them out in a very large koi pond with about 18x 18 inch koi. When they have room to move they are very fast fish and get to the food before the koi. They are fast active fish when they have room and are much darker in the pond. I knew I wanted some but there were only 2 trios there and they were already spoken for... I lucked out and was able to get a few from the breeder a couple months ago.

The problem in the tank is they are usually to small for them to get going because the run into a wall to soon. Mine are still only in a 30 long so no sprinting but they look nice and dark as the bottom is painted black and the back is spa blue. The best place for them is out in a pond so they can move and be appreciated from above as they were intended.

I'm working on a 4x6x2 foot acrylic right now that I think they will end up in so they have room to move.

Best fishes

David

www....................com

I was unable to find a lot of info on them. so thanks!

are yours that silvery blue? in the pics on gf garage they look black.

good to know they like to stretch their fins. :thumbs:

I don't know why, but I can't seem to appreciate a gf from top view. I really like being able to see them in a tank. I saw some pictures of cabinet tanks from a guy who went to the Goldfish Pagoda in China. they were neat.

but if it's in the best interest for the egg fish, and if I had any, I would get a pond. one concern would be what to do during winter? I guess a heater right? gosh, now I'll have to do some pond researching as well! lol

are they deep swimmers aswell?

from your 2008 picture post on gf garage, percentage wise, how many fry were "good". (I don't know any breeder terms; like the right form/color/etc)

I didn't take it as anything Martha ;)

As for the pond during winter time...I don't really know, but I thought fish kind of hibernate in a way during the winter time and you just need to cut some kind of hole in the ice. Also depending on where you live you might need a heater.

• 2 weeks later...
The first time I saw this fish was in person at the breeders social two years ago. They didn't do a whole lot for me because they were a little washed out from being shipped, were in a glass tank (no cover, clear bottom, makes them even paler) and they had no room to move.

This past social they were several of them out in a very large koi pond with about 18x 18 inch koi. When they have room to move they are very fast fish and get to the food before the koi. They are fast active fish when they have room and are much darker in the pond. I knew I wanted some but there were only 2 trios there and they were already spoken for... I lucked out and was able to get a few from the breeder a couple months ago.

The problem in the tank is they are usually to small for them to get going because the run into a wall to soon. Mine are still only in a 30 long so no sprinting but they look nice and dark as the bottom is painted black and the back is spa blue. The best place for them is out in a pond so they can move and be appreciated from above as they were intended.

I'm working on a 4x6x2 foot acrylic right now that I think they will end up in so they have room to move.

Best fishes

David

I've been drooling over your fish for days!!!!!!! lol can u help me get some??

Hi Clfls

Where are you?

When I have fish to distribute I'll let this forum know. The males are getting in the mood but the females need a bit more encouragement.

Tell me about your fish and set up? Are you keeping any lines going or just looking for a pet?

Best fishes

David

Hi Clfls

Where are you?

When I have fish to distribute I'll let this forum know. The males are getting in the mood but the females need a bit more encouragement.

Tell me about your fish and set up? Are you keeping any lines going or just looking for a pet?

Best fishes

David

Hi, David

I am Lief Chen, I have send u a email about me and my fish. I am a royal red goose head keeper in BeiJing China. I can't upload pic in this forum, In my email I have attach some pics about my fish and their baby born in 2008 winter

plz keep in touch with me

good luck

• 13 years later...

I had a couple calico dan yu, aka Phoenix egg fish. I got them from dandy orandas who is currently no longer holding auctions. I found this site while Google searching to buy one lol! I have a couple videos of them on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/YNkxkpQl9I4