Sign in to follow this  
mardaokansi

How Expensive Are Dan Yu's?

i think they are pretty expensive i think i heard these are rare goldfishes or very uncommon.

from what I can find online they are very rare.

but I still want one!!!!! :heart:krazy::heart

I agree with Franky, those fishes are very very expensive and are very hard to find, not many people have them, even if they do, they won't sell :ill

I am not discouraged! ...well, maybe a little. but I will continue my search. actually, I've found someone who can get me one, for a big price. so I'm going to keep looking.

people wont sell them?if u get one of deez fish u r very lucky!i wanted one of deez fish before but to hard to find and very expensive if u happen to find one for sale.does anyone have a eggfish on this forum???

people wont sell them?if u get one of deez fish u r very lucky!i wanted one of deez fish before but to hard to find and very expensive if u happen to find one for sale.does anyone have a eggfish on this forum???

that's why I posted this thread. to see if any members have dan yu's.

on the american goldfish website they have one egg fish breeder. but he isn't selling any of the fry b/c they are a very difficult fish to care for.

I'm not planing on getting one now from the seller I've found. I'm just asking basic questions at this point. and to show my love for them! :heart

I want to get a handle on basic goldfish care, and then progress further into goldfish husbandry. and of course, have the money to get one imported.

thats cool.taking care of eggfish the same with any other fancy care?

I don't think so. maybe it's similiar, but b/c they are so "rare" American breeders are extremely careful and dilligant. I've read somewhere that they are hard to find in China aswell.

wow reading that made me feel there will never be hope to get a eggfish ididnt think they were that RARE!!!!wow keep trying to find that fish martha!

Daryl has a few. They are so gorgeous. Maybe she will chime in and post pictures of her beauties..........

really i didnt think anyone would have some on kokos!i need to see these pics!

Yeah, unfortunately she lent them out for breeding and they contracted flukes. Now their gills are beyond repair. It's really sad. O wait a sec! I started a post about Phoenix fish a while a go....let's see if I can find it.........

AHA!

Phoenix

Never heard of those before. They're kinda neat lookin.

Hope you can find some Martha.

Yeah, unfortunately she lent them out for breeding and they contracted flukes. Now their gills are beyond repair. It's really sad. O wait a sec! I started a post about Phoenix fish a while a go....let's see if I can find it.........

AHA!

Phoenix

awesome, thanks!! :happydance

Wow, ok thanks! I was wondering if it was just a variation, but now I see it is indeed it's own very gorgeous fish!

I definately like these better than ranchu/lionheads......Something about 'wen-ed' fish is just creepy to me....

omg, I feel the same way but never wanted to say anything!! for some reason though, I think the black ranchu's w/ wens are super cute and look like puppies!

I didn't realize that gf garage was breeding them too. as I said to you before I probably won't get one until I'm much older and wiser! ;)

I actually got turned on to these after looking through someone's photos when they went to China.

I was so excited about your thread I didn't read about the flukes! how sad!!

I thought that I understood the egg fish but now I'm starting to realize that since these fish are so rare that only a few fry actually have the correct shape/color/etc. so it's not as easy to breed as other more "common" goldfish.

I really really would like to have an egg fish that looks like the pic in my first post. here's some more pics.

blueegg-fish.GIF

this guy doesn't have that phoenix tail, so maybe he's not really an egg fish like the site says??

opgp-2.jpg

not the best pic, but there are very few pics out there

They are very special and difficult to put a price on as they are truly a priceless fish.

It's looking like I have at least 2 males (showing breeding stars) and possibly 4 females. I'm not ready to warm them up for spawning yet as my fish room is in the middle of a major remodel and I have yet to get my nursery tanks back on line.

If I'm fortunate enough to get fry I'll have several obligations to make before I can distribute any. Those who are willing to breed and maintain the fish will have priority but there are always plenty of pet grade fish.

They are very special fish and should be cherished.

Here are my fish (I sent 1/2 were sent to another breeder).

http://...................blogspot.com/2008/12...gg-phoenix.html

Best fishes

David

www....................com

Edited by Ichthius

David (Ichthius) - I went to your website and posted a comment! lol you need to make more posts so I can pm you and ask you annoying questions about these beautiful fish!!! :)

blueegg-fish.GIF

wait a second...I think I grabbed the wrong photo!! :rofl

sorry, didn't notice this until it was too late to edit!!!

What is the difference between an egg fish and a long tailed ranchu as they look very similar and the goldifsh connection have a couple of longtaied ranchu in the auction they are running now?

What is the difference between an egg fish and a long tailed ranchu as they look very similar and the goldifsh connection have a couple of longtaied ranchu in the auction they are running now?

I think it's that egg fish have small or no wens...