Qting A Rn Pleco

Hi all, I'm just checking to make sure that I'm not hurting my Pleco by doing the usual QT process on him...I'm not sure if they are affected by all the stuff we put in the tank the same way goldies are.

Is Prazipro ok? Is .03 salt ok? (right now he's only at .01)

I put him in two days ago, and, presto, he's COVERED in ich, one of the worst cases I've ever seen...thank goodness he didn't go into the main tank right off the bat like I would have done in the old days!

Thanks for your help! Poor little pleco :(

I think I remember reading somewhere that pleco's are not safe in salt. But, that could have been something else. I would keep him at .1% until someone else can give you more information.

I think they are intolerant to salt becos they do not have scales....I do not have experience with pleco...sorry Chloe...

I wud think...maybe the meds work on plecos..but wait up until a mod shows up..let 0.1% salt be in there..wont harm him..

Maybe this is of some help to you meanwhile... http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18329

Edited by SunshineGurl