Need Suggestion

Hidr

Ok this betta is very very dark blue/black. If I don't use the flash it looks like a blob. You can't see his face but it well show his true color. If I use a flash he looks somewhat better but not his real color.

This is with flash. Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Blue.jpg

This is without flash.

No.jpg

So should I keep tring for a good picture with or without flash?

lot of my freinds suggest putting the betta in a beanie babie box ( a clear glass filled with water will do well) in daylight or under indoor light. They supposedly photograph better that way versus taking pics of them in the tank

No beanie boxes. And my one clear glass is now in the goldfish tank. lol Ill look around the house see what I got.

How about the tiny bowls they come in? Well that work?

Well in front of any of my windows wont work.

Nope.jpg

Dont think in this cup well work either.

Nope2.jpg

But look I got this by accident tring to get pictures of Blue. LOL This is Prize. He is a halfmoon but he eats his tail.

Prize-1.jpg

they do it out of stress. I had one that did it. Most bettas like attention . I had my tailbitters 2 gallon tank on the nightstad and he would constantly bite his tail. I would get it healed up and he would bite it again. I figured out my being so close to the tank being on my nightstand was freaking him out. So I moved him across the room and he quit biting his tail

Sometimes they do it just cause. They also do it from boredom, or cause thier tail is to heavy for them so swim. No one really knows why.

He started after I moved him from the 55 (the yoyo was eating his tail then.) And then he just kept at it.

Ok think I know what I need to do. One I need to take my bowls/jar and clean out the insides much better then I normally do. Two the light needs to be on the side not in back.

See almost good but glass to dirty.

Almost.jpg

I like this but plant got in the way. lol

Almost2.jpg

Yep they can. But it more like they tear it out. I have seen mine pull off one half his body length and then eat it. Not pretty. But I keep tring different things to get him to stop. No luck. Moving him, different food, etc. Next I think I'll try aged water instead of using stuff to get the chlorine out.

Glad you asked cause that last idea just now poped in my head as I type.