Sign in to follow this  
koko

You Want A Planted Tank

*drool* the best part is, pretty much every plant in there looks relatively low light and slower growing (anubias, I believe some java fern, moss, etc), so it would be practically a maintence free tank as well (as far as pruning, yes, you'd have to do it but not all that often).

*sigh* my dream tank.... Oh how my rainbows would love that thing... I'll just have to be happy with what I have for now... ;) Which isn't too shabby if I say so myself :rofl

post-57-1093836884.jpg

:D I adore Amano's artwork in the tank!!!! Could you imagine the water changes on that sucker,and tyaking 30 % out? OMG....... :thud Could you imagine the money it would take to plant it out? WOW!!!!!! And if I could...I'd be having one too! :rolleyes:

is that a transparent indoor swimming pool decorated with plants???

can't imagine how many pails the owner needs to age the water whenever he changes water....

for me, I am using 10 pails for my 6 tanks... and it is so much work jus to refill the pails.. 8 pails to age water and 2 to store water as I siphon the tank...

Guest ThomE

Um, I wanted a planted tank, not a indoor swimming pool :rofl

I'm now curious. Would the guy even need to change water on a tank that size. I would figure one that size and that well planted would almost be self-sustaining.

Opinions?

I bet it would depend on how stocked it was.. understocked, it would probably be quite nearly self sustaining...

He might also have an auto water changer on there... I'm not sure how Amano feels about water changes but I thought he was one of the ones that really thinks they are best?