Betta Tank Ideas? Please Help?

Guest Aquarium guy

Guest Aquarium guy

hi, ive posted another question similar to this but no one replied, so im a little uncomfortable with my betta tank because its just plants and gravel. all the plants are gethered in the middle making the tank look like a deserted ocean on the sides and a jungle in the middle. i want something unique and stylish. im going to go to pet-smart tomorow, so are there any ideas?

heres a picture of my bettas tank. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo325/a...14/DSCI0102.jpg

kinda ugly right? any suggestions you might have? maybe like a special center piece or something? thnx alot, it will be well appreciated.

Edited by Aquarium guy

Well, in my experience, many Bettas seem to enjoy having some kind of little hideaway place - so he might enjoy a little ornament that he can hide in, or some more dark plants to swim around in! Also, you ight like the look of the layout a bit better if you had some variations in height going on in the tank - all those plants are the same height, which is probably why you're not digign' the look right now. If you put a few things to get the eye to move aroud the tank in there - a pretty rock on the bottom, and one tall plant, for instance- you'd have some more movement in there without making it look busy.

I love aquarium decor shopping, have fun!!

I agree with those suggestions :)

I've given bettas terra cotta pots (on their sides) for hidey holes and they love them. My current set up has a red stripe beer bottle in it. The beta regularly go in there and hangs out. They also like when plants reach the surface or even float on it.

I agree with the above. They love hidey holes, and I've given mine a plant with broad flat leaves which is tall enough to cover some of the surface, he rests on the leaves a lot.

I second that. I had little terra pots in my setup and the bettas loved to go in there and hide. If you can not locate one during this time of year you could put something like a shot glass on it's side for them to hide in. Also you can try live or silk plants and moving you plants around to different locals in the tank. If you do get a tank ornament which make great hidey holes , make sure that it had no sharp edges . you can arrange the plants to make a hidey place if you put one or two of them along the back wall of the tank. Leave a little room for the betta to swim behind it.