Green Algea

Hey All! I am back...it has been almost 2 years since my last post!!!! Larry is doing great. He loves his 29 gallon tank. I just got a question about this green algea I can't get rid of. I can't even scrub it off. It is like it is adhered with gorilla glue or something. I am use to the brown hairy algea, but this bright green stuff is bad.

Larry has gotten huge. Tomorrow is a water change day. Maybe once I am done I can snap a photo of him to post. He is really a fat boy! I never knew a goldfish could be such a great pet! I have had him for 5 years now!!! Hard to believe!

Thanks in advance for suggestions. I don't have water quality check information. I have not done in a while.

Have a good one!

As nice as green algae is, I hate it growing in patches!! lol. I too have the same problem in that I cannot scrape it off the front glass. I have tried a scrubber, sponge, all the attachments to a scraper, nothing!!

I think the blade idea is a good one, maybe give that a try, I cant on my tank as I have a bow front!

I guess I will try a scraper. It is all over in large patches. I hate it. I can't stand it...it blocks my view of Larry. Oh well...such is life of a goldie owner! Thanks for the feedback. Larry and I appreciate it!

• Admin

I call that stuff the Green specks. I get it from time to time, most of the time it comes from sunlight hitting the tank. Its a hard algae the only way is to scrap it off and try to keep sunlight out. :)