Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aquarium guy

5 Gallon Eclipse Filter?

Guest Aquarium guy

hi, i have a marinaland eclipse 5 tank. the filter is kinda strong for my betta fish, would it be ok if i just turned it off? please because i think he is getting stressd to have to struggle againts the currents, please people who own a betta in an eclipse 5, would it be ok to just have the filter taken off the tank? thnx.

I used to have the same tank for a betta. I ran the filter all the time, so I would have water circulation, but I had several plants to break up the current.

I have my betta in a 5 gallon hex tank with the eclipse filter. I have several plants which break it up but I run mine all the time and haven't had any problems.

My 5 gal is not an eclipse but I found that my male betta doesn't care much for the current. I had a female in there previously and she didn't mind. Anyway, I now only run the filter about 2 days a week--he seems calmer and I don't see any problems developing.

HPIM4430.jpg

You can put a piece of filter padding or a sponge where the water comes out of the filter to break up the strong current or to set up plants and decorations strategically to break up the current as some member have mentioned. I have 2 gallon Eclipse Explorer IIs and I run the filter continuouly with no problem.