Api Betta Fix? Please Read!

Guest Aquarium guy

Guest Aquarium guy

i have a betta with finrot, im just asking if API betta fix would be ok to treat it or does it do nothing? thnx!

i only want people to answer this question who have used this product on their bettas, thnx again :)

I think betta fix is the same as melafix only in a milder concentration. I have used melafix for my bettas and other fish in the past and saw no improvement. The best cure for finrot is to keep the water clean. If your betta is in a small tank like 1/2-5 gal then change water and or vacuum the gravel every other day and be sure to use water conditioner to control chlorine/chloramines.

I think betta fix is the same as melafix only in a milder concentration. I have used melafix for my bettas and other fish in the past and saw no improvement. The best cure for finrot is to keep the water clean. If your betta is in a small tank like 1/2-5 gal then change water and or vacuum the gravel every other day and be sure to use water conditioner to control chlorine/chloramines.

:exactly ...using meds unnecessarily stresses out the fish...finrot is caused becos of bad water quality..you need to change water often...more often...please take Kristi's advice..

It is o.k. to use betta fix with fin rot. I have done it a few times with success. however it is important to keep the water pristine . Bad water quailty can add to fin rot. So can the betta bitting it's own tail which I have owned a coupel who did this. Betta fix is melafix in betta sized doses. It contains tea tree oil amoung other ingredients. I have used it successfully before for fin rot however it takes times for the damaged fins to grow back in.