Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Nooo!! DON'T PUT THE BETTA WITH HIM!!! :krazy: The betta will die because of the strong toxins on the goldies body. :yikes:yikes

Guest blueturq
Goldies can get up to 8inches or bigger,we try to teach that the more room for the fish,the better off they are,and thats why we mention the ten gal. rule around here.

oh boy, do I ever hate that rule!

I would like to have a debate with the person that originally came up with this rule of thumb, and i'm sure that I am not alone on this one.

Fancy Goldfish get 8 inches or bigger, meaning you need a fairly large to very large aquarium. 10 gallons for one full grown goldfish..... :noway:badidea

So, I would have to say that 30-40 gallons per goldfish is MUCH safer in the long run, because they produce alot of waste, they are messy eaters, and of course get large, plus people like to keep more than just one goldfish, and IME goldfish like to have other goldfish as company.

I think that Goldfish are one of the most intelligent creatures on this planet, and if they are provided with suitable requirements, then they will be very happy and you will have a stunning fish.

I wouldn't mix betta's with goldfish because bettas like warmer water than goldfish do, and depending on the individual betta, it may try to pick on the goldfish.

I have seen a betta flare at silver dollars! :blink:

OMG that is hilarious!!

The first pic, I knew was shaggy, the second I looked at and saw a moor and a bristle nose, I thought that was Shaggy, and I guess a giant pleco? LOL

In the third photo, I did not even see the small moor Naz, I thought that was a rock!!! LOL

I deeply apologize to Naz for saying he was creepy, he is beautiful. I think it was late when I read this, and I obviosly must not have read it very well, and mostly just looked at pictures. I need glasses, I am turning into Mr. Magoo, they say I have computer eye syndrome =oP No doubt! I believe them now haahaa

Jessica

Guys! I got eggs this morning! Well, not from the tank that I posted pictures but my other tank!

My sis told me that my fish were spawning last night but i was too sick to get up from bed. This morning, i got eggs! I took them out of the tank and into a tub filled with tank water. What else should i do? Some sticked to my plastic plants, should i take them off the plastic plants?

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl

Creepy, huh?

Oh Jess, thats too much! :lol:

Naz does look like a spec on the glass compared to Shaggy, huh?

As for the bristlenose, I'm not sure if it's male or female but the darn thing hardly ever makes an appearance except in the middle of the night! That was such a lucky shot to get it in the pic with Naz. Really! :rolleyes:

Excellent find maniacholic!!! There are some beautiful photos on that site :heart Thanks for sharing it :D

That was a great site!!!I :heart the Black Dragoneye Crown Pearlscale. :)

Excellent site, indeed! :D

very good but was it me or are some of them mixed up ?

wow that is a great pic you should have entered it for pic of the week i'm sure it would have got my vote :) in my opinion ranchu's are the best fish full stop :D

nice pics cupoftea, and great user name, that reminds me time for a brew !!

Every time I see a picture of these cuties (ranchus), it makes me want one soooo bad!

You definitely got a cutie there! :heart

:D Beautiful fish.......But am I seeing a dorsal fin,or is that just the angle of the camera? :huh::unsure:

sorta looks like his tail fin to me but i thought that at first. what a cute pic! cant wait to get my ranchus!!

oh, the cuteness! i recently put in my fry with dad (mum died last month :( ). they look lovely together! man, i love ranchus. what are you gonna do with all the babies?

omg!!! that orange and white one with the black eye is adorable!!!

wow! naz is like an exact replica of my guinness! beatiful fish!

sorta looks like his tail fin to me but i thought that at first. what a cute pic! cant wait to get my ranchus!!

:lol: It sucks getting old Amy!!! hahaha----My eyes are getting terrible! Thanks hun.

Very cute, that black eye adds such character to that beauty!!!