Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Wow!!He's that big?What do you feed him? :huh: Mine is just a bit bigger than Naz,She's about 4 inches(I think) :lol:

Wow!!He's that big?What do you feed him? :huh: Mine is just a bit bigger than Naz,She's about 4 inches(I think) :lol:

Whatever he wants! :lol:

No, really though, he gets floating pellets, peas, bloodworms, spirolina wafers, orange bits and he reeeeally likes shrimp pellets! Once in a blue moon i'll bring a couple of live crickets for him to eat. It takes him a while to find it but when he does, youve never seen a black moor swim away so fast munching on a cricket! :rofl

Actually, he gets fed the least out of all my fish. I don't get to be there all the time to monitor the nitrates in his tank so, i taught my mom to feed somewhat spareingly. And he gets fasted a day each week.

One of the main reasons he's as big as he is is because he's an old man. He's probably getting close to ten years old. I know for a fact that hes at least 8. B)

youve never seen a black moor swim away so fast munching on a cricket!

That would be a funny sight to see :)

You are really good with your fishies.I hope mine will get to live that long.I should consider giving them crickets and other variety of foods as well :D

try photobucket.com!

I def. would love a baby! A premature thought, but I would like first dibs as well!

Great pics Paul! :heart

Wow!!Very lovely fish :wub:

:D Nice pic! You should be saving them for pic of the week! :exactly

Ye Gods, he is absolutely gorgeous. The only Moor I've seen that came even close to his size was in a bad way, poor thing, with fin rot and SBD. Whereas he is just beautiful!

Guest PearlscaleFan

Awwwww...... :heart Beautifull Pearlies!!!!!!

that's a beautiful photo of gorgeous fish!

beautiful fry babies! I'm interested in seeing their color-keep us posted!

Your tank is gorgeous, I love the very natural look of it. Also, great betta tank. Dipstick looks quite fierce! We hve two bettas on our kitchen counter, but I've never seen either of them flare or get agressive, so I have only seen it in pictures like yours. Marvelous colors.

i think whether you have tank mates for a moor really depends not only on the type of tankmate, but also on the nature of the moor. I have had two different black moors with very different personalities, one is an agressive swimmer, and he keeps up with the other fantails, so he has been fine. The other moor was a much less agressive/ slower swimming fish., so he didn't do as well with the faster more agressive goldies. Also, Some of my fantail goldies have been much more agressive and faster growing, and they can be bullies, so I try to keep them seperate from the other fish altogether.

beauiful picts :heart

Wow great moors and shaggy is awsome (nice names by the way)

I am so glad you posted pics of them together - the pic of Shag does not do him justice - he's my "dream" fish! I want to get another black moor but I don't have room in tank. Joe turned orange on me as you can see in my av - but he is so cool looking and I lost Moe. :cry1

That is so cool having a fish thriving for so long Paul :) How long have you had Shaggy for? Beautiful fish :heart

Thank you all for the nice comments.Will do keep you posted :)

Paul he is such a beauty!!! I can never get tired of seeing him. I too would be one of those in line for a Shaggy baby!!! Just have never found the right black moor...........because he is in Florida!!!

Oops, got to busy talking about Shaggy I forgot the new little one is cute as well. I too am hoping it is a girl. :D

Edited by LaurieP

Your tank looks fantastic!! :heart

Beautiful Moors!!!!!!! :heart 10 years is an awesome age. You must really take good care of them :)