Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Thats a very nice tosakin dragon eye....here it comes............ were did your father get it? :ignore

he said he received it from my cousin so that my dad may breed more tosakins and I hope he breeds blue ones with the oranda!

BTW: he saids he's sorta "tugging" the tail a bit so that the trait will appear faster and then he will be able to keep it in an un-circulated tank before spring (mating season)

BTW: does anyone else here have a tosakin?

Edited by maniacholic

:D I was out at the lfs last nite.....Here are the baby moor's--Benny & Jet......The bigger moor is Dre.DSCF1210.jpg

Gosh I love those little buggers! :wub:

In a day or two, I shall go get pics of Shaggy hangin' with his new little buddy who is also a moor! You should see their size difference! :blink: It's astonishing! :D

Oh and shaggy is looking sooooooo good now! the splits and erosion in his fins from the power outtages during the storms have all healed up and hes as immaculate as ever! I really think it's because of the drop in temps lately too, as i understand it, moors like cooler water than most fancies. Whatever though, I'm happy that hes looking good! :D

P.S. I've left the naming of the new little one up to my Mom. Hopefully she gets all original and calls it "lunchpail" or something! :rofl

Can't really tell from the pics. The few upraised scales, that is. Anyway, they are both little beauties! :heart

Hope she can hold out for the medi-gold! :unsure:

Man! those plants are just thriving! And you say you dont use anything as far as added micronutrients? Just potting soil, huh? :huh:

Awesome Betty! :D

Benny is sooo cute :heart:heart You have a nice tank too!! What type of snail is that on the plant?

Benny is sooo cute  :heart   :heart You have a nice tank too!! What type of snail is that on the plant?

Thanks. The snail???? That would be a ramshorn! :yikes:lol:

They are so cute hun :heart

did you see any Chocos :heart

I wanted a Tosakin until I found out that they should be in bowls. If I ever get one, it's going in my tank heehee. So I guess it would not make sense for me to shell out that kind of money, just to ruin the trait that cost me so much in the first place. So I'm going with a butterfly tail.

It's a beautiful tosakin, and maybe someday I will have one =o)

Thanks for sharing.

Jessica

I just love Moors! They are one of my most favorite types of fish. So innocent and sweet, bumbling around the tank heehee.

Your's are so cute! You must be a proud mom!

Jessica

He is very plain right now, and oh so tiny! Under a 1/2". I think he will grow into a very nice fish :D And hopefully he is really a he, because I intend for him and Whitie to spawn, obviously when he's bigger.

I am going to chart his growth. If he's anything like the baby calico fantail I had, he will be about 4-4.5" in close to a year.

I promised myself no more petstore fish, but omg, I just couldn't leave him to die in that deathtrap of a store. Plus he is the same colour as that $125 Ryukin I want.

So here is my baby fantail Tobey. The more I see full grown fantails, the more I like them. They really are one of my favorites!

Do you think he'll turn all white? He is white with black speckles.

Tobey.jpg

They are so cute hun did you see any Chocos

:( No I didn't......Moor's are one of my favorites though so I was okay with that--although I could have been tempted with a big puppy-faced Oranda pitch black or deep dark choco!!!!! :wub::lol::druel --------------- Thanks Jess!! I really ahve to take some better pics though--As usual,I was in a hurry!!!