Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

thank you for all your compliments. i'm trying so hard to make theses goldies comfortable. this forums has been the best, filled with answers and friendly people.

maniacholic: i'm no longer living in the city, i live upstate. i needed to get away from the city life. life up here is a different world..

graham: fondoo has nothing to do with fondue cheese. fondoo in chinese means rice bucket. ha!

Guest alison6767

its called a stingray filter and it is so quite and good :krazy:

thanks, guys! i've been meaning to get another fish to bring the total to 3. three is a good number in chinese, means LIFE. three or eight. i got the black moor yesterday from vvvv. i wasnt too happy with their selection and i wish the black moor was a large, instead of a medium. the sales associates was a newbie. i couldnt believe she pulled the black moor out from the tank to put in the bag. shouldnt she put the bag in the tank, so theres less stress on the fish from the open air?? the black moor doesnt look too active, compared to the ryukin's. i still have 14 days return policy from vvvv, and i can return it if i dont like it.

the tank is a 20 gal, i wish i gotten the 25gal instead now.

wow nice fishies? have u measured them? They are so nice n plump looking. Thats what i like about ryukins! congrats

What an awesome idea! Your fish are very active too. I watched for quite a while! :D

wow awesome photography. I wish u could come over n take pix of my fishies. They are so stubborn and camera shy lol. Looking forward to more pix

wow. where did u get that pond? its great! I would like to start off with a pond like that! im so jelous! lol JK. looks nice n i bet the fishies are loving it

woah ill be watching that for ages :) they r cuteys, maybe you could post and tell us when you will be feeding so we can watch :D

hehe..

how much money was your tank, and what is the name of it, if you dont mind me asking. ITS STUNNING! And Im going to buy a 20gal

Guest alison6767

the pond is pre moulded and cost ?35 and then we just built wound it and added

the filter and uv light and box

Your tank looks like a very tall one. Is it, or is the cam making it look like one?

yes, its a very tall tank. 20 x 10 x 24h. i liked the tall look, makes the tank a little unique. although, its a reach to get in to clean the gravel. :huh: and sometimes its a bit of a swim for the GF to go up there to eat, but the food eventually gets pushed down by the waterfall. the water filter intake tube is a bit short. i had to order longer extension tubes from marineland. hopefully it'll arrive next week.

the tank was $60 + another $60 for the black stand. the webcam has a fish eye lens :krazy:

Guest Phreno

Actually, the tall tanks are not good for goldfish, because they have severely reduced surface area. Its not necessarily gallons per fish, but surface area per fish. YOu need 30 square inches of surface area per inch of fish. I don't think thats enough, but they may be fine for a while. Who knows.

That's a good point, Phreno. But, if O2 is the main problem of a taller tank, maybe an air bubbler would help? And/or putting the filter output so that it agitates the surface of the water. Would that work?

You can try sinking pellets so fishies can get the food better. Just make sure to soak the pellets first so the air gets out of them! ~30seconds

Fondoo - that works - I like rice, too! Rice and cheese :tomuch:

But it means Bucket, right - specifically one for carrying rice... hmmm. Neat!

AWWWW! Don't return the black fish! If three is lucky, it could be bad karma to take him back... :scared

He will grow FAST with your excellent care! :please

Use have really beautiful fish! These 2 ryukins are absolutly beautiful. :)

Very nice, i love the streaming video, but it took a while, and kinda froze. When it finally came on, it was great. :)

Guest alison6767

she was goin on school trip dressed as a pirate :lol1

Photos014.jpg

Wow, your daughter looks cute and so does your pond! :)

I like the way you've done it. Looks like instead of digging a hole you have bricked/concreted it into the patio and filled the spaces with some sort of gravel. Great idea!

Guest alison6767

yes thats what we did but on the front it is like a 3ft wall

we infilled it with soil and sand and then slate on top

alex- the hubby as always wanted a pond but while bethany was little i didnt like the idea so now she is older thats how we have done it

Your pond looks great, it really does! You have a cute pirate there too... :D

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

man your pond is so cool....i wish i had one