My (huge!) Black Moor

toothless

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Phreno

Fudge is a great name. And thats a cute fish, very nice.

I'm no expert, but it looks to be a lionhead. I could very well be wrong though...

I'm no expert, but it looks to be a lionhead.

Ranchu & lionheads are not the same... Ranchu is developed in Japan which they have a more curved back(near the tail) if you look from the side... Lionheads are developed in China and they have a less curved back but they have more wen then ranchus when full grown...

Thanks!

All the pond fiosh have names now too:

Common: Tallulah (white/gold)

Common: Terry (all gold)

Comet: Flash (black streak on back and tail/gold)

Comet: Gordon (black/gold)

Sarasa Comet: Frank

Shubunkin: Kevin

Blue Shubunkin: Perry (smallest)

Blue Shubunkin: Ant

Blue Shubunkin: Dec

Tench: Jaws

Golden Tench: Solaris

Ghost Koi: Glory

Ghost Koi: Faith

Ghost Koi: Hope

sorry about dear little Tam.

Whats that white thing in her eye? Or is it reflection? looks like the same thing that Hamiltons black moor Marty has, like an egg. Or am I seeing things?

That last image breaks my heart. Just like me, I give mine a last farewell hug.

Sorry again.

Thanks again everyone!!! Well Froggydella, the bamboo is actually an idea that i got from Fishrpets. So she can be accredited for that!!!! Without them my tank would look incomplete to me now. It is plastic bamboo from Michael's arts & crafts. They are pretty long and you can bend the end of it to hang off the back of your tank. Oh, and the pagodas are from vvvv I think. If you can see the dragon in there he is from ebay... hehehe. :) thanks so much!!! :) oh, and i am quite happy about my red cap's tail too... it is soooo long and flowing! :)

You both have my tears - i'm just so sorry. What a beautiful little fish and it's so wonderful she had your love because i honestly believe that when she had to leave you, she took that with her to have for always :heart

Mowgli finally joined the real world yesterday afternoon - I did a final check on her, and she'd been completely healthy and PIGGLY through her 2.5-week quarantine, so I decided it was time to release her into the WILDS of my tank..

& lo & behold, it took Paddles only about five seconds to realize that there was a hot girl in the tank.. and it only took me about five seconds to realize that indeed, I do think I have a girl, not a boy pirate oranda!!

Exhibit A:

DSC02253.jpg

"heeeeeeyyyyy, beautiful!"

Exhibit B:

DSC02270.jpg

"hey, where ya going?!"

Exhibit C:

DSC02269.jpg

"how bout now, how's it going?! you free Saturday?!?!"

Exhibit D:

DSC02256.jpg

"WAaaaugh! can't a girl get any PEACE?!"