Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Guest Phreno

Haha, I never noticed that! He does look like he has a mustache...

:huh: Plain old Orange & white comets? I think they're quite adorable! :heart I especially liked the "both fish" pic. ;)

Hi....Your little guys are not ugly at all!! in fact they are really cute I think!! :happydance

they don't look plain at all to me :) they look very happy!!!!

You have very vibrant and healthy babies. You should be proud of them!!! and carry pictures of your goldies like I do! :exactly:heart

...and make people run when they see you coming, like I tend to do!... :krazy:

Every goldie is awesome!

They are cute! :) What's that small fish?

Celestials are beautiful!! I'm still on the hunt for the perfect red and white one :) One day... one day..

Guest VxShady

The only reason that I find the "eye" fishys to be freaky, is cause they look so incredibly delicate and I'm too scared of what could happen if I got one. Especially with all the posts of peoples with like moors and their eyes about to burst and and heads swelling and.. <shudders> I can do without my fishes body parts swelling up and bursting. I have enough problems trying to decipher whether or not something they're doing is "normal". The last thing I need is to find one with a missing head or eye. But hopefully I'll get comfortable enough that in the future I can try one. Not any time soon. They really are beautiful fish, though.

Guest Phreno

The small fish is a white cloud. I've got 5 of them. They're going back to the store though, my tank's already overstocked with just the 2 comets, and once they get bigger they'll eat anything else I put in with them, so...

Thanks, I guess. So I shouldn't feel jealous of all those fancy goldfish with like 4 colors, and the wierd growths on their heads? :lol:

No way :D I love comets - and your's are just so handsome and adorable :D

Very nice pictures. And what cute fish.

Guest roostarr

WOW i love that tank... you've now officially inspired me to get creative with my tank

I feel so bad for celestials sometimes because there are often some in the tank with their eyes looking in odd directions. and I worry that they wont sell and will get killed :cry1

Guest Phreno

Thanks. I love them

I still can't think of names. I'm horrible at naming things. All of my family's cats are named after trees or bushes. lol

Guest Tanyalovesfishies

awww kurt says hi back!!

yea i took it up close cuz i think it was real dark when i took it?!? don't remember,lol!

thanks for all you sorries :)

Guest Kameroon

I like the Orandas. Those are my favorite kinds.

Guest Shadowcat

Kameroon those are our favorites too. We have 4.

Guest VxShady

He's getting so much black in him now I'm thinking of changing his name to Cookies N Cream or Oreo Milkshake. Hehehe. They're all named after FOOD! :rofl

Awrieger, that is one beautiful tank with that buddha!! I wouldn't do without. :heart

Those buddhas seem to be a big hit right now - 2 of my online friends have buddhas in their tanks, standing, sitting, you name it. There are a few solutions to the "hallow ornament" problem - one simple, the other one a bit more work intensive.

As for the easier one, drill a few holes into the top of the buddha. If you don't want the holes to show, do it more towards the back of the head maybe, where its hidden away by plants. Then stick an airstone inside the buddha, and with the constant bubble movement the water will never be stagnant and cause trouble.

The more work intensive solution, and something that I have done with a bigger hallow ornament, is filling it up. I used ordinary gravel, candle wax and aquarium sealer. First I sealed tiny holes that happened to be on my ornament, with the sealer. Then I filled 1/4 of the ornament up with the gravel, melted the wax and let it run into the ornament to cover the gravel. Not more than that for now. Let it sit and harden. Then fill in more gravel and more wax, and keep on layering it until its all filled up to the top. Seal any crucks and cranisses with sealer, and you are done.

The reason I did it in layers and not dump the gravel all the way to the top at once - I was afraid that way I create air pockets when the wax runs down and cools before it reaches all the way down. With the layering you don't have that problem.

Of course a filled buddha that size adds some extra weight to the tank.... :)

Either way, buddha needs to be back in, thats an order! :rofl

Some wonderful fry, RW Ranchu!! :heart They have perfect little bodies. Ranchu fry, hm? Mine don't think about spawning at all, just eating the extra food they are getting. The only fry out of all the breeds I have are the shubunkin, everybody else just looks like they don't know what I want from them! :rofl