Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

I cannot see anything wrong. He reminds me of my female Gullet, she's rather pale with a black eye on her left side.

Guest VxShady

Yeah.. his gill covers are like see through.. and at night, when all the lights are off, and my rooms dark, and the tank lights are still on.. and it hits him just right, I freak out because I think he's bleeding cause they look so red. When I first got him he was pretty much see through. I could make out a few organs. Now he's more white then clear, the black spots are becoming darker and bigger.. and now there are spots of a brighter white that looks like some one flung white out at him. I always thought he was cute. Lil freaky at times.. sure.. but cute.

Sandy - i think he is just gorgeous! And i mean that... so much character :D

I'm pretty sure you could get an ok digi cam for around $150-$200 in the US, seeing as you can get an ok one in aust for like $250.

I have an old canon a series camera, the a60, works fine with my fish :) A few tips i've found out are

1. No flash, have some form of external light to light the fish (hood lights etc)

2. Glare, angle the camera up and down to stop glare, with a digicam this is easy because you have the preview screen on the back.

3. Macro, if your going to be taking a photo of a fish close up this mode is great, i use it all the time :)

4. Patience.... patience and more patience :P it takes a LONG time to get a great photo of fish unless your an expert :P I probably have 1 in 50 photos that are actually good.

Just had a quick look in an aussie site and theres the canon a400 for $229 3.2Mp, 2.2x opi zoon, its a simple point and shoot camera, but canon make great quality cameras. Have a look on the net and find reviews n things for budget cameras.

Guest VxShady
So little!!

He's the runt of the group. Never took a measuring tape to him, but definitely no more then an inch and a half without tail. I can go tell him now that I'm not the only one that thinks he's cute. He's a little down on himself at times. Being.. shunned by humanity and all.

I think he's cute too. Bad people! :kickbutt With his coloring changing I think it will be very interesting to see what he ends up like :)

OH MY GOD>>>>>> He's Herman's twin!!! My Herman is EXACTLY like your cracker.... red see thru gills, 2 black eyes... and that grey spotting thru him... I rescued him from nnnnnn awhile back because he was dying and I found him to have such a sweet face. He didn't swim for 2 weeks, just layed on the bottom of his hospital tank! Did you know that they're actually calico fantails???? That grey spotting is a calico trait, and my Herman was in a tank of just calicos. Let me see if I can find a pic of him when I first got him.............................

sickiebetter002.jpg

Ugly? No way! Cracker is awsome. I bet the same folks that would think a fish like that doesn't look right would get freaked out by glass catfish--it's the same sort of transparency thing. I think it's cool how on bigger fish it kind of gives a light pearly pink color to the scales :D

I wonder if the gray spots are like the way it is with "white" horses? I've seen white horses (ok they're technically called "gray" but they have white fur) where if you lift up the hair in some spots the skin is pink, and in other places it's dark gray...but the hair is all the same color. Maybe that's the fishy equivilant, only because there's no hair it shows through?

Theres nothing wrong with cracker i think most baby/young calicos begins their first colour change like that... give it alittle time and he/she might turn into a beaulty :)

:rofl He looks like a grumpy old fart with a mushroom head (no offences, i meant it in a cute way). Edited by PodgyGoldy

Devs that wen!!! OMG it is huge. Who is that??? I didn't know you had more than 1 orange and black oranda?????

:) That is the"free fish "that I got from Arthur on Aquabid for Heather when I bought her that chocolate Oranda for her Birthday in March. :rolleyes: Since Arthur sent me 2 fish,I told Heather that she could have both,only they're still with me because Heather's having problems with her tank. My Orange & Black Sasha by the way barely has a hint of black on her lip & that's about it! :rolleyes: Those two fish are something else! Their wen is so big that it is blocking their vision somewhat.But boy the personalities!!!hahahahaaha When I walk up to the tank,they get all excited,& come up to the front glass to see me,only their wen is big,so they "Squish" against the glass.You'd have to see it ,but it's hilarious!!! Believe it or not,that Orange & black was a solid black the day it came.When I was checking him out though,I saw the tiniest spot of Orange,so I knew it was only a matter of time. He was 5 1/2--6 inches big, so I was hoping,but no cigar. Louie the Lionhead(he's the one that lost his eye) turned out to be Louisa,so she's in there with two big boys!Shes happy though now,I don't think she liked being in the tank alone.

Guest squeeker

#1 is totally cool!! It and #9 are my favourites! Do you mind if I use them as my computer wallpaper?

I also like #3, 4 6, and 7...

I can't really make out #10. I don't see a fish in it... and to me, the rest are a little dark.

Very cool, though!!!

Guest VxShady

Herman and Cracker do look exactly alike! Cracker has more spotting and he's a bit fatter then that though. Calico eh? So then what other colors do they end up getting? I do notice he's picked up a kind of dirty yellowish color in his fins a bit. Now he looks like he has jaundice. I think Crackers and the other two fantails may have some stunted growth due to my ignorance. They were the first goldfish I had. You know how it goes. Girl buys three goldfish. Girl crams three goldfish into 5 gallon hex tank. Girl wonders why three goldfish look sad. Girl finds Koko's. Girl reads. Girl says "OH CRAP!" Girl ends up with 55 gallon tank. None of them seem to have grown much since I got them. I don't know how long its been though. Long enough.

Did you get weird comments on Herman?

Yeah, Herman has that yellowish coloring now too... he's fattened up a bit since then too, but I don't think he's as chunky as Cracker yet! I don't know if they'll ever get more coloring. Seems they're the "ugly ducklings" of the calico world.

I don't get any comments about him cuz my family and friends know better. They're only allowed positive comments about my fish or they get punched in the shoulder. I love the look of Herman and your Cracker..... they're so "different" looking!! I love the name "Cracker" by the way. ;)

Guest VxShady

I know! As soon as I saw him I wanted him. He was the only one in the tank that wasn't either just red or Calico.

Maybe I need to start punching people. But then again, they actually think somethings seriously wrong with him, so should I punch them for being concerned? Yes. I just think that I should.

Thank you. I love the name Herman, too. Thats cute. I don't know what to name my fish, so they all seem to be named after snacks.

its Rybas twin too!!!! Ryba1.jpg

thats her baby pic.....she very yellowey now in the face....

what is this color considered???

BTW...Cracker is not ugly! hes adorable! :D

he's gorgiose! We get "calico's" in at my work like that all the time. They get snatched up to!!

next time someone asks you whats wrong with him, act like you havnt a clue what their talking about.

"Whats wrong with that fish?"

"what do you mean?"

"that one, the white one"

"Huh? I dont understand, theres nothing wrong"

be in denile!! XD

Adorableness! XD

Now i REALLY want ranchu fry!!! XD

:D Thanks! I think so too! :heart