Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

A few more-recognizable pictures:

bubbles.jpg

This is Bubbles. He passed away last monday from the ich that is present in the picture, which became compounded with a bacterial infection. :crp The tank is still fighting this. It's a good lesson for catching things right when you FIRST see them.

ish.jpg

This is Hector "Ish". He is currently very sick. :(

paddles.jpg

This is Paddles. He swims like a little spazz. :exactly Right now he isn't feeling well, but I think he will pull through. :heart

And just for good measure,

piglet.jpg

This is Piglet. He is oblivous to the plague that has rocked the goldfish tank. He likes to attack his brine shrimp and then proudly carry around his kill before he eats it. :lol2 His favorite thing to do is hover and stare directly at me, in a position as close to he can get to where I am working, and give me sad eyes. Then he sometimes gets more brine shrimp or betta bites (but brine shrimp is better!).

Guest RedWhiteRanchu

Ginny is my favorite fry. She is very cute with cheer character. She has changed color overtime from black to red and white. Now she is 6-month old and starts to develop wen.

DSCN1043.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

DSCN1165.jpg

Fish Parade

DSCN1033.jpg

Me too - bummer :(

Bet it looks great tho :D

Thanks again, Fishrpets! :)

Thanks Magickzzl. :) He certainly would float! Even if I just put him in as he is without filling him with water first, he bobs up and tips over. so he'd have to have something heavy put inside him if I blocked him up.

Podgy, Frostbite doesn't bite. She just chews! But only tails of much smaller fish. She's not aggressive or anything like that at all, just big. She's totally fine with the two bigger fish in with her now. No biting at all. Very peaceful and gentle.

I sort of think maybe it's just because she's never been kept with fish not her own size, so maybe thinks the little fish's tails are just some sort of small piece of food or something. And she never chased them or anything. It was just when they happened to come near her mouth, she chewed like she was chewing on a plant leaf or something!

Nice and healthy fish growth!

Oh, and Rabbit is an awesome fish. :)

those are fry? they are HUGE!

That's a fantastic tank and you should take a bow :D

I absolutely love your budda - what's he made from? Now I want one... :lol:

Your tank even looks great without the budda - although your fish do take centre stage - they're beautiful :D

Edited by JenW

Very beautiful frys indeed :D What do you feed them?They are very big indeed :)

Guest RedWhiteRanchu
Very beautiful frys indeed :D What do you feed them?They are very big indeed :)

318891[/snapback]

I feed them progold 3 times a day :exactly

We don't have progold around here :( I feed my 5 month old frys baby brine shrimp and daphnia 2 times a day :)

Guest Morten33

Okay great! Thank you so much for the help! I am gonna see what I can find on ebay or overstock.com...i'll let you know if i find any really good deals!

Thanks again!

Emily :D

Thanks for the name suggestions :) Here's another shot of him.

111-1125_AUT.jpg

Still can't figure out what to name him :unsure:

Oh cathy - he's gorgeous! :D

I know this sounds strange but i don't name my fish when i get them - i wait until their personality comes out and then it's easy :D

Whatever you call him - he's precious :D

PS - am going through the same thing - a little oranda male so am thinking along the lines of

Barney, casper, chester or milo - i don't know tho... :lol:

Thanks Jen :) I can't wait to see him grow big.He's just a bit bigger than my frys :D

I've had him for 3 weeks now and not a single name comes up in my mind.My brain is not cooperating :huh:

I love the name casper...I had a fish named casper who passed away last month :( He was a pretty ranchu...

Well he is now known as Casper.... casper lives on :)

Gawd, i was having trouble putting a list together....

Some of the other names on my list were

rupert, wilbur, kobi, peepo, scooby, dudley, spuds, fletcher and sonny - gawd :lol:

but i love casper :D

:heart Cute!!!

how about Shep? Prince, Jimjim, Kyle, Jose, misty, bubble, Ariel, i can go on like this for ages!! :lol:

awrieger, once again I'll just say I'm fascinated by your tank, your plants are the greatest and your fish are soooo big (and gorgeous). :heart

Cute fish and the big red/white ranchu is huuuuge... how big is he/she?

I hope your fish will over come the disease :) and Hector look abit like a green oranda...

A green oranda?? He was sold to me as a blue oranda... though both names seem wacky to me, considering he's pretty grey in everything but camera light. :)

Silly goldfish varieties!

I hope he gets better, too. :crp

Yes Green oranda have you seen koko's green oranda? it's like the colour of your one and it's very rare.

hmm.. I checked the photos of Koko's fish and I didn't see Chester in the pictures. :krazy: I hope my baby pulls through either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if my LFS sold me an oranda that wasn't the same as what was labeled on the tank, since I've found that they don't seem to know what they're doing in most respects... <_<

It's on the home page and scroll down then you'll see 3 photos the first really blueish/grey one is her Green Oranda Chester...

:) I hope your fish get better soon, Congrats there very cute.

:( Im very sorry about bubbles,

Alex