Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Annette, funnily enough his base isn't perfectly flat. There's like a millimetre gap in some places, so when I lifted him up, there was poop under there. How it managed to squeeze in there I don't know!

So I think I'm just leaving Buddha out in the rain for a while until I get around to plugging him up or something. In the meantime, the tank is just the plants in the jars now, which looks okay as it is I think, so I'm not in any rush. I just did some re-arranging to put all the jars in little groups or islands to give the fish more open space.

I swear this tank has never looked the same two weeks in a row since I went barebottom and keep re-arranging it!

tank050423-1.jpg

tank050423-3.jpg

Unfortunately Frostbite has taken a liking to chomping the tips of all the valisneria none of it's getting any longer. Here's Sox sneeking under a leaf:

sox050423-1.jpg

See what Frostbite has done to my lovely plants?! They're all ragged! Waaaahhhhh!!!

Kissy, thanks. It was certainly crowded with both the plants and the Buddha together! But it's okay now. Lots of space for Matchstick! :)

matchstick050423-1.jpg

And thanks, Mariocrazy! :) Unfortunately the rules say you can't enter pics already posted in the forum. :(

Edited by awrieger

I went to a carnival today and fell victim to saving poor goldfish destined to die horrible deaths once again. His name is Lucky and he's a pretty orange comet :) He makes me happy! :newfish

But I think he is sick. :crp Lucky is acting fine, but he has a white, cottony fungus/thing on his left pectoral fin. Please go here to my post about it if you think you can help him:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=28828

Congrats on the new fish.

I wish carnivals would BAN having goldies as prizes. Last summer I rescued three goldies from the carnival. I still have them to this day. Sad thing is when I got them, they put them in these little maybe 16 oz plastic containers, and they swore the goldies would live in there.....

:lol: Your new babies are amazing!!! Congrats!!!!

There must be something about black moors that gets them picked on, in general. My moor was the butt of everyone's jokes in my tank, but he was the best little fish ever! So inquisitive, so intrigued by what I was doing that he never saw the barreling ryukins coming.. <_<

I can't see any pic and am getting that board message thing :(

Guest jelle819

Sorry I was so brief previously...anyway he's a black moor and he's really pretty. I always wanted a black moor...I made an album? You can see a pic of him there....

Well I guess i can't really call them fry anymore considering they are 10 months old now!

This is Pixie!

post-2066-1114266468_thumb.jpg

This is Mei-xing. She used to be black but as you can see she is no more! :D

post-2066-1114266611_thumb.jpg

This is Malaika she is a little camera shy so this isn't the best pic of her. :) These are just a few of my fry the others stayed in the pond these are my tank ones.

post-2066-1114266776_thumb.jpg

Last but not least Mizuko. Do you think she may be an oranda considering her head looks "bumpy" :heart

post-2066-1114266956_thumb.jpg

Hi, I think all your fry are gorgeous. Well done. Just out of interest, are the tank fry growing faster than the pond fry, or vice-versa?

I think that Mizuko may be an oranda but either way I love his colour, my other favourite is Mei-Xing.

congrats! but wheres the pics?!

Guest Misty's_Fantails

I have a black moor, my hubby says he looks like he's been steped on because of his eyes..LOL

I had one a friend bought for me that got ick and passed away and before that my 4 yr old had claimed him as his own and names him "Oscar"

when oscar 1 passed about 2 days later my 4 ur old noticed he was gone so i ran to LFS and got another one a bit bigger and when my 4 yr old got up from nap he seen him and said "theres Oscar hes bigger"..LOL i guess as long as my 4 yr old is watching my tanks ill always have atleast 1 black moor..lol

Mei-Xing and Mizuko is definetly pretty :D:heart How big is Mizuko she might be a choco oranda...

Tooo cute! so how large are they at this age?

your tank is beatuiful... if you sealed up budda, wouldnt he float? just a thought. I like the idea of cutting is back off, it make a goldie cave... just make sure its big enough for your chubbers!

their beatuiful :)

Well In the summer a lot of the fry were moved into the tank but some still remained in the pond. The ones that were in the pond were much bigger than the tank ones. But because the pond fry in the winter meatbolism slows so no growing. So now the tank fry are bigger.

Mizuko is about 1 inch (not including the tail) And apollo the biggest out of all the fry is about a 1 1/2 inches but beacuse he is much wider than all the rest he seems a lot bigger. Apollo is the only one who lived in the pond in summer and lived in the tank in the winter so that is why i think he is so huge

Also their dad was a orange fantail and mom was a calico oranda.

Edited by fishies12

Very nice! All of your fish are great looking little wigglers! I think it shows how well you take care of them. You should be very proud! :heart

Paul