Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

If I knew how to ship a fish, I'd buy it and send it to you... :( she would be better off there than at nnnnnn, that's for sure.

Guest Esareh
If I knew how to ship a fish, I'd buy it and send it to you... :( she would be better off there than at nnnnnn, that's for sure.

313486[/snapback]

yes. who knows who may get her? she'd be better off living in a TOILET than nnnnnn. i was buying tubeflex there one day and this lady and her daughter picked up a 3 gallon tank and asked the man how many goldies could be put in there. He saidi reccomend half a gallon per fish so, 6 is the maximum. !!!!!!!!!!!! i was going crazy! i wanted to tell the lady that guy was full of it! she bought 6 fish and 4 plants. poor fish! she got some flakes and i told her she should soak em so to decrease the risk of disease and the man working said no, thats not a good idea. where did you hear that? she didnt even get a filter. the man said oh no, you dont need one of em. then he told her to only clean it out like once a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to walk away. I just had to. thats nice of you chrishinha.

Boy, you must have a really nice pet center at your Walmarts. The one near me only has commons and moors. :rolleyes: That's not to say that I don't like commons and moors because I do, but that's about all they carry.

Abby I REALLLLYYY like your blue oranda!!!! :D

I've seen Tommy Hui's name around this board before. Please forgive my ignorance, and I mean no offense, but Tommy must be..... a breeder????? :idont

Edited by lcwinne

Thanks Sandy! :) Sometimes I think I take and post too many pics and everybody's getting sick of looking at my tank and fish! ;)

I'm not sure Annette. I've seen some pretty wierd nativity scenes by some devout believers over the years, like using hamsters for instance, to name just one. So I suppose if your intentions are in the right place, it should be alright! The grotto sounds like it would look pretty nice.

Thank you very much, Wenmill! :) I just use two standard fluorescent light fixtures, a double tubed one and a single one so I have three tubes in total, but with Gro-Lux tubes instead of standard ones. They're 30 watts each, so the three of them on all at once gives approx 2.7 watts per gallon, which I think is supposed to be okay.

Guest Esareh

oh de contaire. I can NEVER EVER tire of looking at any fisshy! hay, how did you get your rykin/pearscale (i cant tell) to swallow a golfball? hmmm? heh. all verry cute! i envy you.

ps. bugs? in the gravel?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :krazy::krazy::tantrum

i've got almost all my goldies at nnnnnn: one black moor, one lionhead, one telescope, two fantails.

i'll see if she's still there tomorrow.

Good bugs, Esareh. Bacteria, I mean. The ones that help break down the ammonia and nitrites from the fish's wastes..

Do you mean the red fish? She's a Ryukin. A Fantail Ryukin I think. She could actually fit a golf ball inside her come to think of it!

Edited by awrieger

Okay, Ithink I'm going to go back to the drawing baord about this tank set up. Koko's post about the dangers of hollow ornaments has scared me enough to take Buddha out of the tank. He's about as big a hollow ornament as you can get!

I don't know what to do to be honest. I don't know how to fill him up as the opening underneath him is about 12 inches wide. I wouldn't know where to begin filling such a large cavity, or even what with!

Maybe I should just try cutting the back off him to open him up to circulating water. You don't really see the back part of him anyway...

Tippy & Moo Moo are very cute :heart I have a Moo Moo too.

This is my Moo Moo:

moomoopretty.jpg

I love your photos :heart All the pictures are very clear and colourful :)

Thanks Selena.

Awww, your MOO MOO is so cute. Cute little round body. :heart

Your fish are sooo cute :wub: And you are very good at taking pictures :D

Yes, my son found the music, he likes classic music. I wasn't sure if you were allowed to take any music, I think about the copyright. Anyone who knows?

It's my son who put together the two videos and fixed everything! :)

Thats cool, i'm not sure, but you are not using it for profit, then i think no one will care, for example, look at all the p2p programs, downloadin music and stuff.

As long as you are not making people pay for you video, its alright.

IMGP1499.jpg

you can kinda see them. And btw, this is my tank.

OK, thanks!

Guest abby15
Abby I REALLLLYYY like your blue oranda!!!! :D

I've seen Tommy Hui's name around this board before.  Please forgive my ignorance, and I mean no offense, but Tommy must be..... a breeder????? :idont

313505[/snapback]

Thank you lcwinne! :D I love my blue as he is one of my favorite fishes.

Tommy Hui is a breeder located in Texas. He frequently goes to China and brings back some beauties. Here is his web page: http://www.goldfishnet.com/home.asp

Guest FruitSim

Fantail,

That's truley a lovely tank you have, and some beautiful fish. I've seen your video, and they're really cute! (specially the 1st "star" of the video! - the silver fancy)

Nice looking tank you have there. You did a good job decorating it.

Very nice set up you have there, :heart

Do you find your guys bug the white clouds?

BTW you goldies are georgous. :D

Guest Esareh
:D I love em!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: so adorable! your fish are so cute!! I just wanna hug em!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug

thanks! Luckily my dad is (his current obsession or it might be his mid life crisis) taking photos a lot. He has a digital camera which has a 1.5 foot lense...it is huge it has a tri pod for itself. Well you have to take the photos from a distance. My room is about 10-15 feet long (im not even up there, just guessing) and i took it on the other side of the room. So it is zoomed zoomed zoomed in.

Guest Misty's_Fantails

This is Nemo i got him March 6th 2005

photo_013.jpg

This is Oscar(black moor) and Coral (gold) Coral is super bright

photo_011.jpg

heres my frog hes in a dif tank

photo_017.jpg

This is my Male beta my kids named Lola..lol

photo_023.jpg