Sign in to follow this  
toothless

My (huge!) Black Moor

Guest FruitSim

Ughhhh, we went to Ocean Park over Christmas, but didn't see the GF!!! :(

We saw the Koi, and of course, all the marine / sharks / dolphins but NO GOLDIFSH!!!

Thanks for the pics Fantail!

cool i was originaly gonig to get a ranchu or a orando. Then i saw the shubunkins and i fell in love. I bought three of them.

A real fish, well I'll believe you, but I still can't help but think something looks too perfect with him/her.

Chrisinha- I'm up north, seen any up there? Haha.

Thanks VxShady, so nice of you.

Thanks to Fantail for coming to the rescue :D

Lets see if I can answer all the questions on the first round :)

Devs, I may breed a few, gotta get a breeding tank set up. There was spawning going on with the gold ranchu a few months ago, but I just let the eggs get eaten. Worried about hovering anxiously over fry :)

Technogold.... I LOVE the larger tank, so many plants and decoration possibilities. It was funny to put the goldies in the first time. I had one keep waggling (her little ranchu butt) all the way from one end to the other, over and over.... SO cute!

Puggirl - I paid $45 for the male black ranchu, by far the most I have spent on a fish so far. I have been wanting a velvet black one for ages now though.

9 Fish total... 6 ranchus and 3 lionheads. Three are just babies. I paid $200 for the tank used and it came with a Penguin 300? and Emperor 400 (I made out like a bandit). Plus I have two HOT Magnums, one I just put on two weekends ago that I got for $25 (fish auction!) and another that I pulled off an existing tank that I used to jumpstart the tanks cycle. So... 400+ 300 + 250 +250 is 1200 gph. I was planning on adding a Fluval canister or wetdry filter when I get the funds. I have 2 triple tube lights on the tank (hence the algae bloom). Only big problem I have is the support bar is made of glass and takes up a 3rd of the top... it makes it hard to add lots of filters.

Panda - I just got the plants two weeks ago, they have grown 2 in since then with the lighting. As for leaves... there are some that come off, normally I just scoop them. I have more problems with floating java moss than them.

Cheers everyone! Thanks!

:D Did you get that fish at th LFS or a Breeder down there,and what do you think about shipping? :yeah::lol:

LFS surprisingly enough. One of the most expensive fish at the store!

I am looking at Tommys fish soon too,maybe pick up one of them . THEN I get the nice shipping, :druel

That's a fantastic tank and fish. I love the way you've got the scene going from a forest down to a lake-shore.

I've recently seen a few pics of a new trend in Chinese aquariums using a flat piece of opaque glass half buried in the gravel to simulate a narrow river (with little bridges over them), but you've used the bottom itself to simulate a whole lake! Brilliant!

PS. After experiencing the same problem all the time with the water going green from algae blooms, I can't recommend highly enough getting a UV. Green water gone forever in less than a day!

LFS surprisingly enough.  One of the most expensive fish at the store! 

I am looking at Tommys fish soon too,maybe pick up one of them .  THEN I get the nice shipping,  :druel

313163[/snapback]

Pick 2 up & take the "Hint" on the shipping!!!!! :lol:

wow can i just say what a great choice on stocking, i think ranchus/lionheads are the funiest/cutiest of all fish

Anyone else who like to take a look and make a comment?!

30 gallons for 3 goldfish. I now the rules.

What picture should i enter into the pic of the week.

312898[/snapback]

Im sorry to tell you this... but you need to know.

Fancy goldfish need atleast 10US gallons(8 uk gallons)

Single Tails need atleast 15-20US gallons(about 16-18 uk gallons)

;)

Ic. there not that big rite now so i can get a bigger tank when they get bigger.

Guest wenmill
:thumb: Had to add my cudos to you! I can't wait to put some plants in jars like that. That is a great idea. The tank is really beautiful. What kind of lighting do you have??

I saw the comet, nice video, but the music seems depressing. JMO.

You are very welcome, i was really happy when i saw it. :)