The Guys In The Qt Tank

hpsauce

While my repairs are underway on the main tank, everyone is having to slum it in the 75 litre QT tank which is a bit cramped to say the least. But daily water changes and testing seems to be keeping it in check, plus the two external and one internal filter I have running in it. And I even managed to get some decent pictures of them

Here are some pictures of my crowded little 510. With the big calico oranda Rusty, orange moor Dylan, orange oranda Dougal, calico ranchu Wembley and the little white red cap Tiny.

download001-1.jpg

download019-1.jpg

download009-3.jpg

download026.jpg

download028.jpg

download010-2.jpg

download015.jpg

Helen's fish are indeed beautiful as are the tanks she sets up for them :D I keep saying it but it's her fault I got in to goldies and I can't thank her enough for it :D

BEAUTIFUL SHOTS!!!!! They are sooo good. I love how you managed to capture all of the fish in most of them, and they all seem to be posing. Very very cute, and really colorful!!! I think you have a nice group of fish there.

Thanks for the nice comments, they are very photogenic fish

After two years I have found the plants that they don't eat and most in that tank were taken out of my biorb when I shut that down to make room for the big tank.They are doing fine other than one or two with slightly melted leaves from treating Wembley with tea tree for a split he came with in his tail but they should recover.

The fact they don't eat them doesn't stop them digging them up and Dylan still likes to rip chunks out of the moss balls.

I do on occassion put in plants that I know they will eat just to add to their diet a bit.

You will be surpassing me in no time Jenny with your lovely goldies and my lovely old tank

download009-3.jpg

Too funny. Methinks someone doesn't like his cramped QT livin' quarters. :lol1

Beautiful, beautiful fish. The calicos have my heart.

(What kind of camera/lighting are you using? The colors are brilliant.)

Thanks guys

It probably should be empty but I like all my tanks to look top and it doesn't take much work in the QT tank, when empty I often don't turn the lights on for days but the plants do fine with the little bit of light from the window.

The camera is a Canon EOS350 DSLR with a standard 18-55mm lense. The only technical thing I use is a piece of A4 paper infront of the pop up flash to remove glare :) other than that I just snap away and generally the fish are very obliging.

Oooh good tip with the paper! :D

Helen I already want a second identical tank to the Akva sitting next door to yours :lol: I keep eyeing up the Hot House already and hear the cogs going! You've created a monster, my sweet! :lol:

I love the extra personality you get from individual large fish than the smaller tropical ones Jenny but they are terribly addictive :exactly

You wait, you will have a tank bigger than my Rena in no time and then you can home some of the fry I might have if Dougal's roundness is anything to go my :lol:

I haven't got space for one that big, but if you keep on at me there will be some tropical fish up for rehoming soon :lol:

Very nice fish and great pics. I bet they cant wait to spread their fins in their big tank again! Can I ask where you got your orange/white and calico oranda from? They are very cute, and similar to mine.

Hi Claire

Both the orange/white and the calico orandas came from Maidenhead aquatics outside Taunton, they were both little guys when I got them although the calico has grown alot more than the other one.

Hi, thanks for that, the ones I thought that looked like yours came from Maidenhead as well. They are very nice.