Aprehensive....

Hey you guys :D

as i'm sure most of you are aware, this month's GC auction has a bunch of adorable celestials....

and when i saw all of them, i nearly fainted :heart

(i've been rather hung up on celestials as of late :rolleyes: )

but i'm nervous about taking the plunge and purchasing one.

i've never spent that much on a fish....and what if something went wrong? :krazy:

i'd feel absolutly horrible if he/she didn't make it.... I mean, i've only been keeping goldies for three

years....and Charlamagne seems to be the only one that's survived all the mishaps (and i've only

had him for a year....)

So what do y'all think? Should I take the plunge?

(and adopt the little cutie in lot #32?)

**edit

forgot to emphasize the cuteness factor:

AUC_120_32.JPG

:heart

Edited by Callie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is very cute! Only you can really make that decision. How would you know if you don't try! If you feel ready, do it. If you run into problems...You know we are all here for you to give advice to. If you do take the plunge...Number one priority is the water. If it's clean then you reduce the chances of the fish getting sick tenfold. The water keeps the fish. Good Luck in what ever you decide.

The Celestials have started growing on me lately...in a few months I may pick one up. That one is beautiful! Buy it and as snowbabe said, everyone here is willing to help you.

Edited by saix88

You guys! LOL

Like Snowbabe said, only you can make that decision. If you can't pay next month's utility bill, then you can only hold yourself responsible. If the new celestial in your tank poops gold, then you can only hold yourself responsible.

I don't know... that's a lot of money. I'll be the bad buy and suggest not to get it yet. If you're so apprehensive about purchasing the fish, then maybe that's your answer? Whatever you do, you'll make the best decision for you.

It's only money. But be sure your ready before you spend it.

Is your aquaruim big enough to give it the proper long term care. As it gets bigger it's going to need at least 20 gallons to its self. Think about the long term not just the cuteness.

Since your young you should get the Ok from your parents. Because if you go ahead and buy it without telling them the price and they find out later. They could have a fit. Yell, nag, be upset and or :cry tell you no more fish or aquariums :cry1 .

thank you all so much for the advice :heart

(i caved soon after making this topic and put out my first bid :)) )

(...i decided that bidding, risky as it is, was a better option than buying him full price....)

i know i said i was aprehensive, and still am....but like snowbabe says, i won't know untill i try :D

....that and i've allready fallen in love with the little guy.

and finances really arn't an issue at the moment....

so why not?

and i'm sure that if there are any problems, kokos will be here to help!

now i'm left to wait and see....and pray that he/she will be shipped to me!

your apprehensive does not appear to be the money but keeping the little guy around for a long time. The fact that you have kept one of your fish alive for a year is great accomplishment. I have seen your other post and you appear to know what you are doing. Just make sure that your tank can support another fish I am not sure of the size of your tank but I think you have a ranchu and ryukin. I have found celestials to be really hardy so long as they are not placed with too aggressive and active fish. I am also thinking about bidding on myself

your apprehensive does not appear to be the money but keeping the little guy around for a long time. The fact that you have kept one of your fish alive for a year is great accomplishment. I have seen your other post and you appear to know what you are doing. Just make sure that your tank can support another fish I am not sure of the size of your tank but I think you have a ranchu and ryukin. I have found celestials to be really hardy so long as they are not placed with too aggressive and active fish. I am also thinking about bidding on myself

well, i'm glad to know that i seem to know what i'm doing.

:D

annnnnnnd i've got two ranchus in a 30 gallon.

but if i get mr.celestialthatIallreadyLoveOhSoMuch he'll be residing in a cushy (and cycled) ten gallon in my bedroom

Well, what happened? Did you get her? (biting nails)

not yet....i'm waiting till the end of the auction....

this is perhaps the most stressfull thing i've done this year.

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :krazy:

hahahahaha :D

at least i have kokos to rant on....

i tried explaining this scenerio to my boyfriend and he was like 'why don't you just buy him full price?'

and i was like, '.....well that's no fun.'

not that this is fun....

perhaps it's more like....exciting?

wow. i'm such a dork :rolleyes:

i'm still trying to figure out this 'reserve' price thing.....does the fish only get reserved if you bid up to the 'reserve amount'?

Calle, usually you can hit the reserve by bidding on at least half the amount of the total cost of the fish, or you can call Ken at dandyorandas and explain your price range and perhaps he can sell you one of the celestials at cost closer to your price range. He is very reasonable and willing to work with you. I think that you will be a great celestial owner

auction ends tomorow and as to my knowledge i'm still the only one that's bidded on her.

but even still, i'm going crazy with paranoia and have been compulsivly checking to make sure.

:krazy:

one more day.

one more day.

oh boyyyyyyyyyy.

I don't think you have met the reserve. I was just looking around (also known as drooling over all the cuties! Those albino's are so awesome!) and I noticed that lot 32 has the words "reserve" underneath your current bid. I am pretty sure that means it hasn't been met. I would call Ken or up your bid just to be sure.

Good luck I am rooting for you!

it hasn't reached the reserve because no one else has bid on it...

and my ceiling bid is much higher than what is displayed under the fish...

i should probibly check with ken just in case.

:krazy:

thanks, i really hope i get her :heart

Edited by Callie

I think you have a good chance of getting her, it looks like very few are interested in them this time, I am waiting until the last minute to bid, but do now worry will not bid on yours, Hope you get him

hahaa

thanks so much.

and i really hope i get her, and i hope you get one too!