Sign in to follow this  
NightAngel

Nightangels Goldies

Ok, I posted the entire tank shot in the non planted tank section, but I also have some fish pictures as well.

The first is of Mr Moor. He is the one I almost ripped his eye off in the siphon. As you can see, almost a complete recovery after 5 days!

boggles.jpg

Chewy and Randy O'Randa (randy is the redcap and chewy has the big wen)

randyandchewy.jpg

randyoranda.jpg

Punkin the shubunkin, she is such a poser!

punkin.jpg

shubunkinground.jpg

trio.jpg

speckels, she almost died from dropsy. Check the illness dicussion forum for that thread....

I think she is just a fantail, maybe a ryukin cross as she is sooooo fat. She lost a lot of her black with the dropsy

speckles.jpg

Freemont the comet

fremont.jpg

sidetank1.jpg

Delco the comet

delco.jpg

Triscuit the tiny white comet. It is very hard to get a picture of this one....

sidetank1.jpg

A picture of their home

tankgood.jpg

Wow lots of fish. They all look great.

dang! Didn't get the pick of triscuit! thaught I did I guess there were too many to keep track of. Anyways what is is with white fish and having a hard time getting clear pics? Triscuit is my smallest fish at barley 1" I guess you can kinda see triscuit in Luckys photo too....

triscuit.jpg

Edited by NightAngel

Looks a tad over stocked. How many do you have in that tank? Your long bodied fish need to start out with 20 gallons each your fancy goldfish need to start out with 10 gallon each but this is just to start out gallons most well outgrow that.

Looks a tad over stocked. How many do you have in that tank? Your long bodied fish need to start out with 20 gallons each your fancy goldfish need to start out with 10 gallon each but this is just to start out gallons most well outgrow that.

There are 9 fish in the 150g.

The tank is intented to just house the 5 single tails when they get a little larger. The 4 fancys will go back to their regular tanks when that time comes. I am keeping them together in the show tank so it will look more balanced for the time being. I think that 5 singles in the 150 will be just about right.

Not really overstocked right now. It takes 1.5 weeks for the nitrates to reach 10, and everyone gets along great with plenty of room to swim. With the single being so small, I would say I am currently understocked if anything...

9 fish i an 150 is FINE. I have way more in my 180 and they are way bigger. You say u may be "understocked" but that doesnt include when they are full grown. You will then see how little space you have then.

Ahh ya that well be ok for a month or so. I would get those other tanks up and cycled though cause by the time they are it well be time to move some fish. lol

9 fish i an 150 is FINE. I have way more in my 180 and they are way bigger. You say u may be "understocked" but that doesnt include when they are full grown. You will then see how little space you have then.

Yup thats the idea, nice big fat sassy goldfish. Kinda like people have really big oscars that they have for years, I want really big comets ect that develop personalities that I can keep for years. :yeah:

Ahh ya that well be ok for a month or so. I would get those other tanks up and cycled though cause by the time they are it well be time to move some fish. lol

Yes the others are already up and cycled 45g (running15 years) , and the 29g (running 4) Currently those are housing the angels that were in the big tank. I plan on trading them in to the LFS for equipment/food ect when I move the goldies back. I am keeping them for now to hold the cycle. I also have an empty 10g fully cycled but I cant thing of anything to keep in there on a permanant basis (I just toss food in there to hold the cycle and periodically clean)

Those two tanks were the homes of the four fancies before I bought the single tails last month.

Trust me, everyone will have enough room when that time comes. Either at the first sign of agression or gargantuan praportions.

Right now I am just enjoying the view...

Edited by NightAngel

Very nice pictures. Good luck with setting up all the tanks.

Sounds like a great plan.

Naw, they are fake, fake, fake! They do have live algea that lives on them though. I think it is beard algea. The goldies love to pick it off for snacks. There is real bog wood and petrified wood in there though.....

I used to have real plants in there. Since it was non-CO2 and low light, they eventually all died off over the span of a year.

This is what it looked like when planted two years ago.

P1000475.jpg

It was really pretty. Just too much work. Not to mention my goldies will eat all the plants now. I have been thinking of maybe some floating anancharis (elodia?) Maybe that would work and keep the goldfish happy.....

I wonder why I was not able to get the lighting to come out right like I did a couple years ago. The tank does look nice in all it fakeness. Maybe not quite as nice, but definatley easier to keep up!

What a beautiful environment; I wish *I* could climb in there!

:goodjob

Beautiful goldies you have there. And don't listen to them :P , unless you know a way to make commons reach full size in a week, you'll be ok for a while (assuming you have enough filtration).

That's a nice shot of the tank with the angels in there too. Do you still have them?

jaw dropping! I would love to have such a gaint beautiful goldie tank! well done!