Sign in to follow this  
Nomi

Pet Store Photos!

I have a bunch of poor photos from several stores where fish may be bought.

These first few are from the wal mart in whitehorse, of all places.

There were a bunch of darling lionheads/lionchus.

PC170003.jpg

PC170004.jpg

And some cute little ryukins.

PC170005.jpg

These are from the PJ's at WEM in Edmonton:

That was a decent sized ryukin in the front (those moors behind it are 4 or so inches long).

PC200012.jpg

Cute little telescope:

PC200013.jpg

Take me home!

PC200014.jpg

This is a poor picture of a very nice ranchu (and two fantails):

PC200016.jpg

I'm always impressed with PJ's. Their fish are nice, their tanks well maintained, no diseased or dead fish left untreated or in the tank, they don't cram too many fish into their tanks, basically mostly a nice place.

This next place is a larger chain pet store at the same mall, but it's tanks are GROSS. Tiny, way overstocked, dirty water, their pipes and tanks look like they haven't been cleaned or maintained in years. There are growths on the pipes, scum in all the tanks, dead and sick fish everywhere... and I never see anyone in the fish department. Ever.

A floaty telescope (poor thing, I want to rescue them all).

PC200025-1.jpg

PC200037.jpg

PC200041.jpg

PC200042.jpg

I have a little telescope of my own and that pic of a floaty one made me so sad :(:( :(

I wish I could adopt it!

That little guy is very sad alright. Unfortunately you see sick fish all too often in places like that. Great pix though. I like to see what the stores have to offer. I've been known to sneak my digi cam in and take fish pix myself--nobody has ever had a problem with it though. :)

It's a shame that they can even keep any fish in those conditions. To there really is not much we can do.

I've gotta say that's the cleanest-looking wal mart tank I've ever seen. Kudos to their employees.

And cute lionheads!

the wal marts around here only ever have fantails and commons/comets

the wal marts around here only ever have fantails and commons/comets

the walmarts around here don't even have fish; only the bowls (auck!)

If and when our nnnnnn carries lionheads I will be shocked.

All my goldies have actually been wal mart fish, and they have been wonderful. In fact, every fish I have ever owned save one betta has been from wal mart. There is a store about 30 minutes wasy from me that still sells fish, and that is where I have always gotten mine. :) Their tanks are usually clean and someone is always there asking if they can help you and all that goodness.

I guess the condition of the individual wal mart fish must rely on the individuals in charge of/working in the fish department.

Edited by Nomi

Gah. You should need a liscense or something to carry goldfish in a store. Something renewed every so often. Monthly expections and all that jazz. So goldfish no longer have to suffer in those conditions :(

I'd gladly become a volunteer goldfish cop!

I agree.

I'm on the lookout for a job (at the local mall, the easiest place to get to via bus) and I was wondering if I apply at the store with the not so good fish section, if I could improve upon the conditions maybe possibly.

Seriously, they just need someone in that section of the store. There is just nobody there.