Shrimp

Guest black n yellow

Yea, the shrimp probably won't last very long. I think I saw a thread once upon a time about setting up a shrimp only tank. Somewhere...

lol support for the crazy ghost shrimp mob mentality here. Was at a store in town first time I'm there (its a long drive and they never have anything worth their prices) anyways I see this tank of ghost shrimp. I always thought they pretty cool so I'm watching at the tank has a couple other little fish in there as well. Upon closer look I realize that there is one fish being molested by the ghost shrimp about 8 shrimp playing soccer with this one fish then they'd take him up drop him onto the filter he'd go flying in a bubble drop to the bottom (he was dead when I got there or playing dead who knows) and then they'd do it again pretty cool to watch.

Guest black n yellow

geez thats preaty awful on how the store keepers sell shrimp that are aggresive but are supposed to be peacful.is brine shrimp good. and the shrimp geting eaten is no problem for me im going to buy some sort of thingy for them to hide.

Brine shrimp are not good for keeping. They are very small, not easy to raise, nothing to look at and need salt water.

Pet stores sell brine shrimp eggs because newly hatched brine shrimp is the very best fish food for baby fish that have just became free swimming. Brine shrimp will only live for a few hours in fresh water.

If you want to keep shrimp it is best to have a shrimp only tank. Even with some place for the shrimp to hide the fish will still hunt them down and eat them.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother kept a couple of Bamboo shrimp (also known as Singapore Wood Shrimp) in his gf tank and they were fine. There shrimp are larger (~3") and are filter eaters. I have shrimp (red cherry shrimp) in a planted tank with one oto, and also in a planted tank with WCMMs, corys and a couple of Amano shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...